Adding HST to invoices (Q Win Canada)

KMFroment
KMFroment Member
I recently downloaded Quicken Home and Business (version R33.7) and I can't get the program to add sales tax to invoices. I have a sales tax account, and have set everything up to add HST in the invoices, but it doesn't happen. When I try as an estimate, it adds the tax properly, but when I convert it to an invoice, the tax disappears. I searched on here for a solution and found a post from May that said the issue was with the software and the user should revert to an older version until Quicken solved the problem, but I don't know how to revert to and older version, plus that was 6 months ago...is the problem really not fixed yet?

Answers

• Hello @KMFroment,

Thank you for deciding to come to the Community with your questions and concerns, though I apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your invoices.

You are correct, this was reported as a bug and it was fixed! It was resolved in version 25.22, so I think we should try rolling your software back to that version. This would tell us whether or not the bug has returned, and then we can proceed accordingly. 

To do this, please use this link to a Knowledge Base article with the previous releases of Quicken Canada. From there go down to April 2020 and use that version. (pictured below)

Once you have installed the patch, see if you see the same issue with the invoices. Do let us know how this goes. Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• Thank you Alyssa. I went to the link you provided and installed the patch. Unfortunately, now I don't seem to be able to create invoices at all. When I click on "create invoice" it wants me to create an invoices/receivables account, even though I have one. I've gone through the steps and it just keeps creating a new "Customer Invoices 3" etc account. See attached screen shot.
  • Hello @KMFroment,

Thank you for the update, though I am sorry to hear that the rollback didn't work. 

You can now go to Help>Check for Updates, to get your software back up to date. Once you are back in the latest version, please go to Help>Report a Problem. Submit the problem to Quicken from there, including a sanitized data file.

Please add some screenshots of the invoices without the tax added, to your next comment. If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. You can add one of the correct estimate, and the incorrect invoice, really anything you can provide to show the issue. 

When that is done I will have this submitted as a bug again, so they can get it fixed. Look forward to hearing back from you on this. 

Quicken Alyssa

This discussion has been closed.