Limit retrieved rows in Find/Replace

Often I do a find looking for something is this year, or the recent past. My current database goes back to 2014. I do not want to wait while 100+ rows are retrieved when only the first 10 or so are potentially relevant.
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 16
    There are several different Find options in Quicken. If you use the Find at the top of a register or at the top of the All Transactions view at the top of the Accounts bar, you can specify a date range like This Year. This filters the register to include just matching transactions and you can make changes directly in the register.

Would that do what you are looking for, or do you need this specifically for Find/Replace 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if most Quicken Windows users use this method at all or not...but go to the register and find a transaction with any field you'd like to search on...payee or category.  Highlight that field.  Then click on the teeny pie chart at the right of that field.  You will then get a "mini report" of that payee or category you can semi-customize to get a shorter time frame of transactions, directly from the register.  

Time periods are 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, 6 months, 1 year, 3 years. 

This might be faster than having to set up all the full report parameters.  

Just a suggestion.