2 Quicken email addresses on the same desktop?

Is there a way to have 2 subscription addresses to the same desktop?
I am helping someone set up their Quicken and need to set it up on my desktop before giving it to them to use on their desktop.
I still need to use my Quicken also.
How can I do this if they have a different subscription?
They are not using Mobile/Web.
Quicken Deluxe Subscription; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would create and separate Windows user account.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Good suggestion.  Thanks.
    Apparently, Quicken can't do multiple subscriptions for the same Windows user on the same desktop.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 22
    How can I deactivate or delete a Quicken.com account login?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    You could keep signing in and out of the 2 Quicken IDs but it's easier to create a second Windows user.
  • Hello @leishirsute

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. We apologize you are having difficulties. Your Quicken.com account is your main account where your active subscription resides. Could you please clarify what you mean by deactivating/deleting a Quicken.com account login? What is the end goal? 

Please elaborate so that we may provide the proper guidance. Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have some extra logins on quicken.com that I want to delete.  They are no longer used.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I tried this, and whatever they are using to save the information about what Quicken Id is logged in is global to the machine, not the user account or data file.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Well that sucks! It must be in C:\ProgramData\Quicken somewhere.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe that has been answered before, but ...
    Can't you use your Quicken ID on the second data file while you're working on it?
    Then, when you're ready to return the file create a backup. On the latest releases of Quicken this disconnects any online connections of the file. What I'm not sure about is the Quicken ID. Upon restoring the backup file on the other computer, can't you re-register the file to their Quicken ID?
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm.  I don't know.  What do you mean "disconnects any online connections of the file"?

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm.  I don't know.  What do you mean "disconnects any online connections of the file"?

From what I read here, backup or copy now creates a "disconnected copy", i.e., all online download connections are reset and need to be reestablished after the file is restored. I'm not sure of the impact that will have in your case. Somebody else would have to answer that better than I can do.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    UKR said:
    From what I read here, backup or copy now creates a "disconnected copy", i.e., all online download connections are reset and need to be reestablished after the file is restored. I'm not sure of the impact that will have in your case. Somebody else would have to answer that better than I can do.
    Backup preserves connections. Copy disconnects them.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.