Schwab issues - Quicken Version 37.25 Bond prices (daily) are not updating

JeffConey
JeffConey Member ✭✭
I was able to successfully migrate - however - the daily price quotes for Bonds is not working - the prices for Stocks and ETFs work fine
This make no sense to me. Anyone else have this issue?

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Actually, it makes some sense if those bonds aren't publicly traded as in have symbols that the third-party quote service Quicken uses knows about.

Quicken gets its prices from three sources.
    1. Manual entry.
    2. Third Party quote server.
    3. Information included in the downloaded transaction information from the financial institution.
    If for whatever reason #3 isn't coming in for a security that isn't being updated by #1 or #2, then you will see exactly what you describe.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • rjb
    rjb Member ✭✭
    After several days of server errors, Quicken finally connected to Schwab. Unfortunately, all of the bond positions my Schwab accounts were "removed" in the transaction register and when I reconcile positions, Quicken says it matches Schwab. Of course, on the Schwab site they are all still there. So apparently individual bonds no longer work. Hopefully it will be fixed soon and I can restore from my backup and try again.
  • marlae007.
    marlae007. Member ✭✭
    edited December 2021
    11/24/21

The good news is all my stocks and mutual funds are now updating - so far so good.

However, the Bonds are not updating (not bond mutual fund) ; I notice a few other complaints of this on this forum, so adding mine as well.
  • larschnur
    larschnur Member ✭✭✭
    Has anyone noticed that the Bond pricing for a managed Bond fund at Charles Schwab stopped pricing on Nov 16? This may not be a bad thing since all the MBS were always priced incorrectly.
  • Fred Weber
    Fred Weber Member ✭✭
    Same problem. I seem to be getting stock price updates and transactions, but not Fixed Income price updates.
  • larschnur
    larschnur Member ✭✭✭
    Has anyone reported this to Quicken and/or Charles Schwab?
  • maeagle
    maeagle Member ✭✭
    Same here. Stock prices update. Option prices are not updating either. Cds on my accounts have not updated since Nov 12.
  • larschnur
    larschnur Member ✭✭✭
    This is a rather complicated problem if it gets fixed. You could before the change, download brokerage accounts separately from your bank accounts. Now they are merged. The mortgage backed securities are not priced correctly and never have been because a factor has to be applied. I have now opened a ticket at Schwab about this pricing issue. Assuming the bond prices problem is corrected, you will have daily pricing on MBS instruments and your total asset valuation will be in error. I have suggested the factor issued be fixed to Quicken but apparently there are not enough votes for this to be addressed. Maybe, Schwab will fix their file pipe.
  • After all transition and getting Schwab info to now import correctly (mostly), I noticed none of the individual bond prices have updated since 11/17. Is this being addressed or do I have to change something I'm doing?
  • klarg
    klarg Member
    Same problem!!!
  • 2miners
    2miners Member ✭✭
    Prior to the migration, Charles Schwab provided quotes for bonds early in the morning prior to the market opening. After the market opening quotes for bond prices did not download again until early the following morning. After the migration, prices of individual bonds are not making it from Charles Schwab to my Quicken account.
  • Same issue for me. Bond prices no longer are being updated after migration.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Even though I don't think this will fix the problem, everyone that is using Charles Schwab probably should be running R36.45, not R37.25.  R37.25 was in stagged release mode and they pulled (didn't release it to everyone), and it was based on R36.38 before some fixes went into R36.41 and R36.45 for Chales Schwab problems.

You can get R36.45 from here:
    Update and Mondo Patch: Subscription Release of Quicken for Windows
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • CocoaPuff
    CocoaPuff Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue with individual bond prices not updating. For me the last daily update for bond prices was Nov 17, 2021. Equity prices are updating. I am getting downloads from eligible Schwab accounts using EWC+ though the downloaded descriptions such as company names are not consistent with company names in Quicken and prior transaction downloads using Direct Connect.

Using QWin Premier Ver R37.25 on Windows 10 Enterprise.
  • Hello @rjb & @marlae007.,

Thank you both for taking the time to visit the Community and report the issues you are having, though I do apologize you are experiencing this.

Restoring a backup will not be a good option when Schwab is involved, because Schwab is only allowing customers to connect via Quicken in one data file. So restoring a backup would mean you would need to go through the entire Schwab migration process again. 

Can I have you both go to Help>Report a Problem from within your Quicken software. Please leave the log files attached and provide a brief description of the issue in the appropriate field. Once you have done that you can send it over to Quicken. 

Let us know when this is done so we can take a closer look at this for you. Thank you.

Quicken Alyssa

• DetroitRick
    DetroitRick Member ✭✭
    Same issue. Either Schwab isn't sending, or Quicken isn't properly receiving. Can't tell which. I reported the problem last week via the "Report A Problem" link on the Quicken help menu. Probably wouldn't hurt for others to do the same.

I'm on R36.45. Problem started for me on 11/17, the day I switched connection methods.
  • marlae007.
    marlae007. Member ✭✭
    Just sent out it now.
  • marlae007.
    marlae007. Member ✭✭
    I'm also going to check with Schwab if perhaps the symbols changed for both these bonds, only dealing with two individual bonds - will report back on it.
  • HLT
    HLT Member ✭✭
    On simple corporate bonds, Schwab prices have not updated since 11/12. I don't know if this is a Schwab or Quicken issue.
  • KACo
    KACo Member
    Has anyone experienced issues after the Schwab update that includes downloading transactions that need to be matched and more importantly Muni Bond Prices that previously updated and no longer update?
  • JeffConey
    JeffConey Member ✭✭
    I am experiencing exactly same thing as described by DetroitRick - does anyone know when this might be fixed?
  • dmps
    dmps Member
    Nov 17th no new bond quotes from Schwab. Quicken where is your response to this?
  • CocoaPuff
    CocoaPuff Member ✭✭
    I updated to QWin Premier R37.37. The individual bond prices are still NOT updating for me, and haven't since Nov 17, 2021.
  • mtmsfx
    mtmsfx Member ✭✭
    None of my bonds prices have updated since November 17th. They are in Schwab accounts.
  • mtmsfx
    mtmsfx Member ✭✭
    Same problem. No bond prices updates since Nov 17th
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version of Quicken are you running? This issue may have been resolved in a newer release.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • mtmsfx
    mtmsfx Member ✭✭
    Quicken for Windows R37.37
  • mtmsfx
    mtmsfx Member ✭✭
    I just reinstalled the latest version per the website, and now I have 36.45. Still no bond price updates from Schwab
  • maeagle
    maeagle Member ✭✭
    Same issue here and bond counts are wrong also. EG.Schwab say 2000 and Quicken 20 for cds. Options same issue (schwab says 2 options and quicken 200). Prices not updating since Nov 12th on bonds/cds and since Nov 21st on Options. Does not matter what version of Quicken update. New Cds are not splitting accrued int and purchase price either.
  • Same issue here, all was well until mid-November when I was unable to connect to Charles Schwab to retrieve quotes and to download brokerage transactions. Since that time I have rolled back from v37.25 to v36.45 and have spent at least 2 hours on-line with Quicken support discussing. While I have been successful in re-establishing the Schwab link to retrieve brokerage transactions the fixed income security prices are not updating. Spent time on Monday evening with Quicken Support discussing and they had no answers. Still no updated bond prices, this is very frustrating.