Cenlar FSB CC-555 Error

How do I go about resolving this error so that I may track my mortgage in Quicken?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Also, there are two different Cenlar setup links in Quicken:  Cenlar FSB and Cenlar.  I really cannot see the difference between them when I look at the FIDIR list (same financial institution, same URL, same connection method) but I am sure there is some difference between them that does not show up in this list.  Have you tried setting up with Cenlar instead of Cenlar FSB?
    (QW Premier Subscription: R36.48 on Windows 10)
  • eddie_becker
    eddie_becker Member ✭✭
    Thank You for your response. I've tried both, I even tried calling their support which is a joke.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Was your mortgage account previously connected to Quicken but became disconnected?  Or is this a first attempt to connect?
  • eddie_becker
    eddie_becker Member ✭✭
    > @Boatnmaniac said:
    > Was your mortgage account previously connected to Quicken but became disconnected?  Or is this a first attempt to connect?

First time trying to connect.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Given that and since you did not get anywhere with Cenlar support, you should probably contact Quicken Support as was noted in the Support Article.
    However, you might want to consider doing something different.  Most super users and many other users do not set up their mortgage/loan accounts to download from the lender.  The main reason for this is that loans that are set up for download do not have a transaction register in Quicken.  The lender will download the new account balance and you will have no visibility there as to how much of your payment went toward principal and how much went to other expenses (like interest, mortgage insurance and escrowed insurance, taxes, etc.).  And there is no link from the mortgage payment transaction downloaded from the checking account to the mortgage account.
    What we do, instead, is leave the mortgage/loan account set up as a manual account.  If you do this Quicken will set up a recurring Loan Reminder for it which will then show up in the Loan Account register and in the linked checking account as a transfer transcation after the Reminder is entered.  It will also properly categorize the payment allocations for principal and all the expenses, adjusting the principal/interest allocations each month.  Then when your mortgage payment transaction downloads from the bank it will be matched to the reminder transaction that was entered into the checking account register.
    It's a personal choice as to how you want to manage the mortgage account.  People who want the simplest method with little detail will often connect the loan to the lender.  People who want to track things like interest, mortgage insurance and how much they are paying into escrow will usually go the manual loan account route.