Quick Pay failed, reauthentication happens over and over

I have two Quick Pay online bills linked with Chase, both of which worked last month. Now one works, but the other fails.

Reason for failure to pay is "Chase requires that you enter a new one-time verification code". I Refresh the bill, get prompted by Edit Biller to log into the Chase site, get and enter the login info and verification code, am told "Authenticated" and am presented with the correct current amount due. However, all subsequent actions fail. If I refresh the fill again, we go through the reauthentication loop again, and any attempt to pay the bill still fails. FYI I have logged into the Chase site directly, and after a single authentication everything works (i.e., I do not receive an authentication challenge on subsequent logins.

Quick Pay is slow and obtuse, and now failing ...

Anyone know how to recover? Version R36.38, Build 27.1.36.38, Windows 10.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @SteveTheSax,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for not having received a response yet.

Since you are currently still running version release R36.38, to start with, I recommend updating your Quicken program to the latest version release; R36.45 and see if doing so will help resolve this issue.

To update, please navigate to Help > Check for updates, or you can download and install the R36.45 Mondo Patch through this support article

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • danlapin
    danlapin Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue after i update to R36.45 the issue is still there.
  • SteveTheSax
    SteveTheSax Member ✭✭
    I updated to most recent version, no change. I then tried removing both Chase accounts and then added them back. Authentication worked fine and correct billing amount was received, but attempt to Quick Pay failed once again. I'm out of ideas ...
  • SteveTheSax
    SteveTheSax Member ✭✭
    Hi @danlapin, how well does your situation match? Is Chase your problem biller, or someone else? I have 2 credit cards with Chase; do you also have 2 accounts as 1 biller? I figure looking for similarities/differences may help narrow down the issue.
This discussion has been closed.