Just upgraded to Version 6.4.4 (Build 604.41834.100) and lost custom category

Is there any way to recover a lost custom category

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I'm not sure how an update would result in a lost category -- Quicken Mac doesn't even allow you to delete a category in use by one or more transactions. First,  open Window > Category, and make sure it is set to Show All Categories. If your category isn't there, click the + icon, and create a new category. But you'll have to re-categorize any transactions which you want to have using that category.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • johnro43
    johnro43 Member
    THanks. Quicken support doesn't know either. Guess I reclassify and stop automatically updating the software.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    For what it's worth...

• Quicken software never automatically updates. It notifies you when a newer version is available, and it requires mouse clicks in two different windows to first download and then install the update. You can always decline the update. It's often a good idea to wait at least a day or two following a new release and visiting this forum to see if any other users are reporting problems.

• I don't know what happened in your case, but over many years, I have never read any other report of a category being deleted as part of an update.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • johnro43
    johnro43 Member
    For what it's worth, I have been automatically updating, not Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.