Adding Wells Fargo Home Mortgage to Bill Manager for Quick Pay

HJR
HJR Member ✭✭✭
Recently my mortgage was taken over by Wells Fargo Home Mortgage.  I was able to set up the loan without issue and it connected to Wells Fargo Bank and downloaded the correct balance.  However, when I try to set it up in Bill Manager as an Online Bill it never truly gets setup.  It states it waiting for the next bill which, by the way, is due in 2 days on 12/1/21.  I also setup 2 step authentication to see if it would prompt me to have a security code sent by text or via a call but I never received the prompt.  If I do a repair of online billers it says Wells Fargo is on the server but not complete locally and if it was setup recently cancel or click on return to have it removed.  

I also created a new quicken file and went through the same process with the same results.  

Is anyone else having this issue or if not, how were you able to get Wells Fargo Home Mortgage added?

Thanks in advance.  
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @HJR,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us bout your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

I took the liberty of reviewing your account and the status of the Wells Fargo Online Biller in question and have performed an internal refresh on it. Could you please remove this biller and attempt to re-add it, please?

Please check back and let us know the result you receive after removing and re-adding! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken Anja 's action may resolve your issue, but ...

My 2cents' worth, if I may:

I don't use Bill Pay services or Bill Manager at all, neither the one from Quicken nor the one offered by my bank. Since time "B.I." (before the Internet was invented) I have set up almost all of my recurring payments as Direct Debit, PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, whatever the biller calls it. Using the biller's website, I authorized the biller to electronically debit each payment directly from my checking or credit card account on due date. Now I can sit back, relax and wait for it to happen. Instead of having to wrestle with making payment on time I let the biller do all the work.

When I get notified of a new statement having arrived, usually by email, all I have to do in Quicken is to run a regular scheduled reminder to record the transaction. Haven't missed a payment in many years.

I recommend you do the same instead of fighting the Bill Manager windmill, missing payments and getting slapped with penalty interest rates and fees along the way.

This discussion has been closed.