Transfers Need to be Picked Up in Savings Reports

Hello! I noticed that split transactions from a paycheck do not flow into a Savings report due to transfers not being allowed to be included in the "Savings" category. I input my gross salary and use the split function for payroll deductions, which includes transfers to various savings accounts (some are retirement and some are other bank accounts where I keep cash). When I generate reports of spending, my savings is misreported as none of these transfers get picked up by the Savings category. I think Quicken should revise the reports so that users have the option to include transfers. Please help get this idea to go viral! I'm tired of manually adjusting all my reports outside of Quicken.
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    We already have the ability to include transfers in reports.  If you haven't already, you may want to review the Help documentation on the topic:  https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216906
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't assign Categories to transfers, but if you scroll down in the report customization Categories, you will see accounts in [square brackets]. If you include the transfer accounts in the categories for the report, transfers to and from those account will be included in the report.

Yous should NOT include the transfer accounts in the selected accounts for your report and on the Advanced tab you should keep the default of "exclude internal" for transfers.

Let us know how it goes!
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Quicken Chris
    Quicken Chris Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello! I noticed that split transactions from a paycheck do not flow into a Savings report due to transfers not being allowed to be included in the "Savings" category. I input my gross salary and use the split function for payroll deductions, which includes transfers to various savings accounts (some are retirement and some are other bank accounts where I keep cash). When I generate reports of spending, my savings is misreported as none of these transfers get picked up by the Savings category. I think Quicken should revise the reports so that users have the option to include transfers. Please help get this idea to go viral! I'm tired of manually adjusting all my reports outside of Quicken.
    Hello ILoveIceCream! By any chance, did you mean to post this in the Mac ideas section?