OL-221-A HSBC Canada (Q Win Canada)

Colin H
Colin H Member
Is anyone else having an issue with downloading transactions from HSBC Canada

Best Answers

• Michael 49
    Michael 49 Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I have the same error since 24Nov21 trying to download HSBC transactions. Had not accessed the account between 15Nov21 and 23Nov21. Somewhere after 24Nov21 HSBC changed the website display and download. A comparison of the .qfx file before the OL-221 error started occurring shows a number of changes to the following: DTSERVER, INTU.USERID, ACCTID, DTSTART, DTEND, DTPOSTED, DTUSER, FITID
  • Michael Woods
    Michael Woods Member
    Accepted Answer
    I have the same error. HSBC has broken the format of the downloaded files in two ways: they are using Unix LF encoding instead of Windows CRLF; they are using the wrong time/date format for the timestamps. The only thing we can do is complain to HSBC and hope they fix the issues soon.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Colin H,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to report the error you are receiving, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review the information found in this support article regarding error OL-221.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Hello @Colin H,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community with your questions and concerns, though i apologize that you are experiencing this. 

How long have you been getting this error? 

Here is a Knowledge Base article with resolution steps for the error you are getting. Do let us know if this resolves your issue or not. looking forward to hearing back from you on this. 

Quicken Alyssa

• Michael 49
    Michael 49 Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I have the same error since 24Nov21 trying to download HSBC transactions. Had not accessed the account between 15Nov21 and 23Nov21. Somewhere after 24Nov21 HSBC changed the website display and download. A comparison of the .qfx file before the OL-221 error started occurring shows a number of changes to the following: DTSERVER, INTU.USERID, ACCTID, DTSTART, DTEND, DTPOSTED, DTUSER, FITID
  • Michael Woods
    Michael Woods Member
    Accepted Answer
    I have the same error. HSBC has broken the format of the downloaded files in two ways: they are using Unix LF encoding instead of Windows CRLF; they are using the wrong time/date format for the timestamps. The only thing we can do is complain to HSBC and hope they fix the issues soon.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    OI did a quick test and at least the US version of Quicken has no problem with using the Unix LF encoding.

What did they change the timestamps to?
    The OFX standard states how they should be formatted.
    They should look like this:
    20110111120000[0:GMT]
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Eric_c
    Eric_c Member
    I have also the same error since last HSBC update. They told me to use CSV file but Quicken cannot import account operations using this format :(
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Eric_c said:
    I have also the same error since last HSBC update. They told me to use CSV file but Quicken cannot import account operations using this format :(
    You can use my program ImportQIF to convert a CSV file to QIF/QFX to import into Quicken; it is free.
    http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Me too. HSBC promised a fix by "the end of the year". That's today. So I just tried it and lo and behold ...
    1. It works to the bank account. Yay! Actually the new layout looks great and the ability to select the download range is slick. You have to be careful though. When you go to reconcile it will use the date of the last downloaded transaction as the reconcile date.
    This is a problem if you have gone back in time to download earlier transactions to insert into those waiting to be reconciled. This may happen a lot as we have been unable to download for the past few months and there is a back up.
    The work around is just to download the most recent transaction a second time. It will match the existing transaction but reset the calendar for the reconcile date.
    2. It does NOT work for HSBC MasterCard. I'm still getting that same error code as before. Bummer.