Why are there "skipped" reminders in the "Bill and Income" reminders list?

Why are there "skipped" reminders in the "Bill and Income" reminders list?

I didn't (deliberately) "skip" anything.

Best Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Are these reminders set to occur monthly, but they are also set to "Automatically enter ..." 28 days or more in advance of due date? There appears to have been a code change which causes problems when reminders are set to be entered more than one interval duration in advance.

• Bertilak
    Bertilak Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I contacted Quicken support and they acknowledged a bug being investigated. The workaround is to delete and re-enter the reminder. That worked. I THINK a bug fix may have already been released but transactions entered before the fix need to be re-entered. Perhaps they will update the fix to avoid this.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Are these reminders set to occur monthly, but they are also set to "Automatically enter ..." 28 days or more in advance of due date? There appears to have been a code change which causes problems when reminders are set to be entered more than one interval duration in advance.

• Bertilak
    Bertilak Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I contacted Quicken support and they acknowledged a bug being investigated. The workaround is to delete and re-enter the reminder. That worked. I THINK a bug fix may have already been released but transactions entered before the fix need to be re-entered. Perhaps they will update the fix to avoid this.
  • Neil Sharrow
    Neil Sharrow Member
    I've been wondering about this for several months. I keep having to edit the reminders and set the date back to the current month. I'll try the workaround, and hope that they fix the bug.
  • Bertilak
    Bertilak Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15
    Bertilak said:
    This problem had not hit me for quite some time -- until now! Just after the latest update (R38.30 build 27.1.38.30) done today.

Right after the update I had a "skipped" reminder transaction in the register. I was able to fix it up by some combination of restoring the data file from yesterday and resubmitting the reminder transaction. I messed around a bit so don't know exactly what did the trick.
  • Bertilak
    Bertilak Member ✭✭✭✭
    As of 26 Feb 2022, this is still happening. Latest update is R38.30, dated 14 Feb.
This discussion has been closed.