Schwab Update Problem

2456789

Comments

  • Reinder
    Reinder Member ✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I can't even deactivate linking at this point. Last update was November 17th. I've had it with Quicken. 30 years...Experimenting with [other products].
  • Jeffrey Wilens
    Jeffrey Wilens Member ✭✭✭
    What does this mean?  "I have download problems after Schwab merges with Chase"
  • Phil H.
    Phil H. Member ✭✭✭
    I spent 4.5 hours on a chat with a person who at the end said that my issue of no updates on certain stocks in my Schwab account is a KNOW Problem. Why not tell me that at the start so I don't waste 4.5 hours !
  • mparrish9303
    mparrish9303 Member
    edited December 2021
    I'm still having the following issues:

    - Prompted to reauthorize Schwab ever time I update. There are no "ghost" accounts.

    - Able to download accounts for my SSN but not my husbands (different SSN).

    - Checking account balance (Schwab Bank) has not been updated since 12/6 but I am receiving other transactions. This is causing reconciliation problems.

    Running R36.54. Build 27.1.3.6.54

    Are there additional updates planned to address the ongoing issues? Or any further suggestions on getting this mess sorted once and for all?

    thanks.
  • Steve95424
    Steve95424 Member ✭✭
    I am also unable to download Schwab transactions into Quicken Windows R36.54. Following discussion.
  • I've deactivated all the accounts, installed the latest mondo patch, and reauthorized my accounts with Schwab (for about the 6th time). All of my accounts connected except for 1. No matter what I do, that account will not connect. What is the solution?
  • Roger S
    Roger S Member ✭✭
    does Quicken care?
  • texag
    texag Member ✭✭
    I have spend hours on chat and hours on the phone trying to solve this. Quicken tries to connect to Schwab but still will download no transactions. I am on the latest Mondo Patch update issued today. Quicken really screwed this up and I am close to pulling the plug and moving on to another solution.
  • DickMay
    DickMay Member ✭✭
    edited January 27
    > @Reinder said:
    > I can't even deactivate linking at this point. Last update was November 17th. I've had it with Quicken. 30 years...Experimenting with [other products].

    [Removed - NO Soliciting]
    Quicken user since DOS... Scars to prove it!
  • Phil H.
    Phil H. Member ✭✭✭
    Well at least I am able download the transactions but it took time to go through each downloaded transaction and "accept" or "delete" or "new" so I wouldn't screw it up again. My cash amount in good in the "Holdings" but way off in the "Transaction" page. I still have about 15% of the stocks that have not had an update since 11/17/21. That still bugs me
  • jldavid47
    jldavid47 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I'm having a problem that while my Schwab transactions are downloading, I am no longer getting quotes for equity options or preferred stocks. Common stock and ETF quotes are fine.[Removed-Disruptive]
  • PG190
    PG190 Member
    After the OSU, I have to update transactions for Schwab accts 2 more time for dividends to show up as a transaction below the register. That's 3 updates to accomplish what needs to be done during the OSU.
    The OSU doesn't appear to do anything, the second shows me a red flag, the 3rd, shows the new divy transactions.
  • Stacey
    Stacey Member ✭✭
    I followed the directions for the CC-501 error posted at this link https://www.quicken.com/support/errors-when-updating-or-adding-charles-schwab-accounts

    I have four accounts at Schwab. I started with one account; as I got further down the process, there was a screen that automatically had checked the other three accounts. When I got to the screen that gives you an option for each account to pick "link" or "add new account", for the account I was using, there is not option to link, even though the account is in Quicken and Schwab. It's because the process above is making you say you are creating a new account. That's not what I'm doing, I have the account already in Quicken and Schwab. I went ahead and clicked ADD Account to see if I could at least get the other three working (there's an Link option in the Quicken dropdown list to pick those accounts). It did just what I expected, created a brand new account and did nothing for linking to my existing account.

    I wonder who decided this was a good thing to do right before year end?
  • Dr. Dan M
    Dr. Dan M Member ✭✭
    Any progress at all on this yet? I've tried all the various suggestions and spent a long time on the phone with Quicken support whose answer was call back...
  • Karlstad
    Karlstad Unconfirmed, Member
    I don't think Quicken cares. It never quite reaches its potential. As soon as something gets fixed they change something else and screw it up.
  • rvhjjh
    rvhjjh Member ✭✭
    I was on the phone for a hour with Quicken "Support". What a farce, does anyone at Quicken know what they are doing? 3 weeks & still can't download transactions from Schwab
  • DickMay
    DickMay Member ✭✭
    Guess I'm fortunate... I was able to get one download between non-functioning "fixes"!
    Quicken user since DOS... Scars to prove it!
  • mryan301
    mryan301 Member
    Deactivated all my schwab accounts and reactivated using "add-account" multiple times. Schwab accounts look connected and no errors on the update summary. But no transactions were downloaded on any of my schwab accounts. On latest patch 37.52. Any other ideas guys?
  • Wow, cannot believe Quicken still has not figured how to fix the Schwab problems. My only problem is I have to do two updates to get my transactions. When I do the first update, a red flag comes up but no transactions. At least I know that a second update is needed. Not worth calling support so they will keep me on hold, then make me re add the update, then validate my file etc.
  • hcrow2
    hcrow2 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2021
    My earlier comment was never posted. So far I have sent about 10 hours on the phone with Quicken help deactivating, reactivating, deleting and adding and messing around trying to get Quicken to update my 10 Schwab accounts - some work one day and not the next [Removed-Disruptive/Speculation]
    I have similar problems with another bank.
    [Removed-Disruptive]
  • William Toperzer
    William Toperzer Member ✭✭✭
    Are you folks being told the trick to go to your actual Schwab account(s), not Quicken.  Tap the Services tab at the top and in the drop down it opens, choose Security.  On the page that opens, scroll to the bottom of the page and tap open Quicken.  Ensure that all of the accounts you want to link to Quicken are checked.  This ended a lot of the going in circles, and broken after just fixed problems I was having.  I even found that in the midst of all the account reactivates just performed (with Quicken rep on line), the accounts that I just re-linked became 'unchecked' on the Schwab page. Just saying.
  • The Schwab transactions are sucessfully downloaded, but for a few transaction types the Security/Payee field is not populated (at least Buy and MGMTFEE don't work).
  • Wayne104
    Wayne104 Member ✭✭
    > @William Toperzer said:
    > Are you folks being told the trick to go to your actual Schwab account(s), not Quicken.  Tap the Services tab at the top and in the drop down it opens, choose Security.  On the page that opens, scroll to the bottom of the page and tap open Quicken.  Ensure that all of the accounts you want to link to Quicken are checked.  This ended a lot of the going in circles, and broken after just fixed problems I was having.  I even found that in the midst of all the account reactivates just performed (with Quicken rep on line), the accounts that I just re-linked became 'unchecked' on the Schwab page. Just saying.

    I checked just now and the accounts are "checked" as they are supposed to be. But good that you mentioned it.
  • Jack Scripps
    Jack Scripps Member ✭✭
    Not only are downloaded transactions from Schwab miscategorized (ie. interest income instead of long-term capital gain distributions), but then the same transactions show up in Quicken reports as both interest income and long term capital gains distributions after I corrected the misclassification on the downloaded transactions. Getting really tiresome!
  • jimmcd01
    jimmcd01 Member ✭✭
    > @Wayne104 said:
    > > @William Toperzer said:
    > > Are you folks being told the trick to go to your actual Schwab account(s), not Quicken.  Tap the Services tab at the top and in the drop down it opens, choose Security.  On the page that opens, scroll to the bottom of the page and tap open Quicken.  Ensure that all of the accounts you want to link to Quicken are checked.  This ended a lot of the going in circles, and broken after just fixed problems I was having.  I even found that in the midst of all the account reactivates just performed (with Quicken rep on line), the accounts that I just re-linked became 'unchecked' on the Schwab page. Just saying.
    >
    > I checked just now and the accounts are "checked" as they are supposed to be. But good that you mentioned it.

    Just enabled third-party access on my new Schwab account, and still getting cc-501 when tring to add new account to quicken.
  • William Toperzer
    William Toperzer Member ✭✭✭
     :'( 
  • texag
    texag Member ✭✭
    I have made some progress after another two hours today. I was able to connect and receive transactions for my Schwab Checking and Savings accounts (no errors yay) but the Brokerage accounts still are not downloading. It says successful onestep update but there is no data.
  • rvhjjh
    rvhjjh Member ✭✭
    > @jimmcd01 said:
    > > @Wayne104 said:
    > > > @"William Toperzer" said:
    > > > Are you folks being told the trick to go to your actual Schwab account(s), not Quicken.  Tap the Services tab at the top and in the drop down it opens, choose Security.  On the page that opens, scroll to the bottom of the page and tap open Quicken.  Ensure that all of the accounts you want to link to Quicken are checked.  This ended a lot of the going in circles, and broken after just fixed problems I was having.  I even found that in the midst of all the account reactivates just performed (with Quicken rep on line), the accounts that I just re-linked became 'unchecked' on the Schwab page. Just saying.
    > >
    > > I checked just now and the accounts are "checked" as they are supposed to be. But good that you mentioned it.
    >
    > Just enabled third-party access on my new Schwab account, and still getting cc-501 when tring to add new account to quicken.

    Mine has always been that way, makes no difference
  • DougMav
    DougMav Member
    Anyone still having issues with Schwab transactions now downloading into Quicken? Schwab accounts appear to be updating after performing the One Step Updates. However, transactions are still not downloading. For me, specifically interest deposits are not downloading. Anyone else?
  • DougMav
    DougMav Member
    Sorry...should read:

    Anyone still having issues with Schwab transactions NOT downloading into Quicken? Schwab accounts appear to be updating after performing the One Step Updates. However, transactions are still not downloading. For me, specifically interest deposits are not downloading. Anyone else?