Schwab Update Problem

Comments

• tenacity
    tenacity Member ✭✭
    Having same problem. No transactions have pulled in since 12/9. 2 weeks ago I spent hours getting reconnected due to the new 'enhanced' Schwab connection. Finally got everything updated at that time, but now nothing is updating.Not getting any errors when I run one step update. Blue dots appear next to the accounts to indicate there are new transactions to be reviewed, but no new transactions are posted in the register. Share quantities are off by exactly what has posted in Schwab accounts in the last 2 weeks, but no placeholder entries are listed to indicate that share balance quantities are off. All accounts are flagged for Quicken in Schwab. I've got rev 36.56, build 27.1.36.56.
  • DBWnNC
    DBWnNC Member ✭✭
    Same here except that my date is 12/15.
  • marlae007.
    marlae007. Member ✭✭
    Same here too, indiv bond prices not updating, downloadable transactions from Schwab not coming down the wire for dividends for all mutual funds and stocks, have to all this manually - it's getting to be ridiculous.
  • Anne Wood
    Anne Wood Member ✭✭
    I do have transactions coming in for all 3 Schwab accounts. However, reinvested dividends are coded incorrectly, with each type of distributed income coming over as two transactions: a "Reinvint" and a "Bought". These require manual editing.

Over a week ago, I put in Mondo Patch R37.37 Build 27.1.37.37 which seemed to make the difference from not getting any transactions at all.

Also reported this problem online under "Report a Problem" under Quicken Help.
  • tenacity
    tenacity Member ✭✭
    One thing I noticed today when I tried the update, that I didn't pay attention to yesterday, was that one step update said it downloaded 21 transactions for my Schwab accounts, yet nothing is in the registers, nor are there any placeholder entries.
  • mryan301
    mryan301 Member
    Same here. The update seems to go fine with no error messages etc. But no transactions show up in my registers.
  • tenacity
    tenacity Member ✭✭
    I found this while searching for a solution and it worked! The problem seems to be with one step update. https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7903440/charles-schwab-co
  • DSmythe
    DSmythe Member ✭✭
    After the problems in November, the Schwab connection is once again a problem. Quicken has somehow turned off the connection and it keeps sending me into a loop of validating and signing in, selecting accounts and then kicking me back out. Is anyone else experiencing this? I cannot download important account information at year end, and this is getting ridiculous.
  • Dr. Dan M
    Dr. Dan M Member ✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Continuing to have no success on any Schwab downloads. I have R36.56 for Windows installed. Deactivated all my schwab accounts, restarted quicken. Added setup online. It reports updating and updates the date showing the most recent transaction download, but no transactions are downloaded for any schwab accounts. It did change the opening 2011 opening balance from the original $0 to a new -$5173, but otherwise nothing. I've tried calling Quicken support whose advice a week ago was "try again tomorrow and it should work". [Removed - Solicitation]  any ideas?
  • marlae007.
    marlae007. Member ✭✭
    edited January 27
    With year-end here, it's going to take me days to manually add in all the short/long term dividends, captial gains and other stuff. This is absoultely insanity .

[Removed - NO Soliciting]
  • CaptRon53
    CaptRon53 Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem running R37.52. None of my Schwab brokerage accounts are downloading transactions even though there are new Schwab transactions. I have been forced to enter them manually for the last week.
  • scondas
    scondas Member ✭✭
    I just received dividends that did not download, and Quicken is no longer handling reinvested cap gains for me. Very frustrating.
  • scondas
    scondas Member ✭✭
    edited January 27
    > @marlae007. said:
    > With year-end here, it's going to take me days to manually add in all the short/long term dividends, captial gains and other stuff. This is absoultely insanity .
    >
    > [Removed - NO Soliciting]

[Removed - NO Soliciting]
  • jeadec
    jeadec Member
    After weeks of headaches with Schwab download issues, it finally worked for a while. No more! This morning, Quicken downloaded release 36.57 with the frustrating result that Schwab updates no longer work. Quicken, this is truly annoying!!
  • BobCS
    BobCS Member
    edited December 2021
    Mutual fund transactions in Schwab accounts involving reinvestment of capital gains are being downloaded incorrectly. Instead of a single transaction showing reinvestment of a capital gain (ReinvLg or Reinvsh) , there are two transactions. The first is a purchase of new shares from cash (Bought); the second is a reinvestment of interest (ReinvInt) with a zero (0.00) quantity. This results in a negative cash balance that grows with each bad transaction.
  • DickMay
    DickMay Member ✭✭
    Anyone know why Quicken is sending & advising R36.XX while 37.XX is being used by some (but not working properly)?
    Quicken user since DOS... Scars to prove it!
  • groz
    groz Member ✭✭
    CaptRon53, you may want to try the following which works for me....

- Highlight the Schwab account I wish to update
    - Hold down <ctrl> and <shift>
    - I Go the to the account actions icon (the gear looking icon to the top right of the transaction list) and select update transactions.
    - I get a second dialog box asking if you wish to re-download the last 90 days of transactions. Yes, I know, hang with me here... Answer yes
    - I get a flag but no downloaded transactions.
    - Repeat the process without the <ctrl> and <shift>
    - I get transactions...
    In *MY* case (running R37.52), I do NOT get duplicate transactions but in fact, get what I want. Well, almost. They still seem to have a problem translating some (but not all) dividend reinvestment transactions. I just throw some cash in the account and call it good enough for my purposes and I can reconcile.

None of this is sanctioned by Quicken. I happened on it by accident. Quicken Support gave me the control - shift thing. It has been reported to Quicken with no feedback. It's far from perfect but my accounts reconcile.
  • After being in a reauthorization loop for a while, it seems I can get prices updated (without a confirming dialog box). No other transactions are downloading - transfers, dividends, interest.
  • Quicken is mapping the capital gains transactions as Interest Income transaction and unable to process the downloaded transaction correctly. This impacts tax calculations. Schwab support team redirected to quicken stating the mapping of transactions is now owned by quicken. Calling support the person generically redirecting me to the https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7900567/updated-12-17-21-changes-to-charles-schwab-accounts

Doesn't seem correct. How can quicken correct this issue.

Thanks
  • groz
    groz Member ✭✭
    Good point.
  • Cheddy
    Cheddy Member ✭✭
    Unable to update my Charles Schwab accounts. Last valid update Nov.16. All account transactions since then will not download. Quicken is giving an incorrect balance dated today 12/24. When I try to enter the correct balance under the reconcile window, receive a statement "There are no uncleared items to reconcile"
  • DK-MGIL
    DK-MGIL Member
    With the latest updates Quicken no longer classifies Capital Gains as Returns of Capital within Schwab accounts. But they still have not fixed the problem with importing mutual find distributions within Schwab accounts. Now ALL Capital gain distributions are imported into Quicken as Short Term--even the ones that should be long term.
  • DickMay
    DickMay Member ✭✭
    Does anyone have a feel for the consensus from Quicken Support as to which version of the program is the "latest & greatest" and has the best chance of working?
    Quicken user since DOS... Scars to prove it!
  • Cheddy
    Cheddy Member ✭✭
    It appears that it is not just my Schwab accounts that are not downloading but also my VFCU banking account is also not updating. Not sure why this is occurring.
  • I spent an hour with a technician and we resolved the connectivity errors. It was complicated. I now have have a message asking to connect one of my accounts. The others are not downloading. Looking at the main site, I see there is ongoing issues. Do I call back in and spend time trying to get a tech to help me get connected (the download has not downloaded any transitions since Dec 2 2021)?
  • mtmsfx
    mtmsfx Member ✭✭
    Same here. No Schwab transactions are downloading
  • smitfam
    smitfam Member
    Just with Schwab, still not allowing reauthorization and causing freezing when attempting reauthorization.
  • After much effort I finally got Schwab to connect. But it created all new Schwab accounts, and only downloaded past 3 months of activity. I am missing about 6 months between my previous successful download (before the change in connection method) and what the new download captured. How do I get those additional months to download? Can't find any way to do it manually from Schwab site, either.
This discussion has been closed.