Dan Hawn Member ✭✭
    edited December 2021
    [Removed - Rant]
  • Dan Hawn
    Dan Hawn Member ✭✭
    :D ;)
  • Steven Green
    Steven Green Member ✭✭
    There was an attempt at a solution with a new patch R37.62 that I installed this AM (28 Dec), but it does NOT fix the basic issue of One Step Update does not download any activity in Schwab investment accounts. You can get those transactions using the Online Center but clearly the patch claiming to fix Schwab issues was prematurely released and incompletely vetted.
  • Sandy W
    Sandy W Member
    I installed the current update this morning. VR37.62 Build 27.1.37.62 Windows 10 Enterprise. My Schwab account hasn't updated in more than a month. My error message continues to be Parameter accountid must be specified for this request. :/
  • Steve Brown
    Steve Brown Member ✭✭
    Similar problem, Some Schwab accounts now update fine, Some are missing a month's worth of transactions and others only update (w/o updating transactions) if done manually - not through one step. Really getting frustrated! Have tried everything that's been posted. Update quicken program again today-- no change
  • Mart65
    Mart65 Member ✭✭
    I'm using version R37.62. I have one Quicken data file and try to download from 2 Schwab accounts. I still only get half the downloads. I thought it was fixed that we could download from multiple Schwab logins as long as we had one Quicken data file. And yes, I authorized all accounts on Schwab using both logins.
  • Mart65
    Mart65 Member ✭✭
    Same issue as others and piling on. Updated version today and nothing changes. Why isn't there a dedicated update page that acknowledges the issue and status. I'd be more accepting if Quicken were just honest and said "don't bother downloading Schwab transactions, wait 30-days while we fix it".
  • DickMay
    DickMay Member ✭✭
    > @Steven Green said:
    > There was an attempt at a solution with a new patch R37.62 that I installed this AM (28 Dec), but it does NOT fix the basic issue of One Step Update does not download any activity in Schwab investment accounts. You can get those transactions using the Online Center but clearly the patch claiming to fix Schwab issues was prematurely released and incompletely vetted.

That's been the problem since mid November with the almost inexcusable upgrade attempt. Shame on Quicken.
    Quicken user since DOS... Scars to prove it!
  • Schwab not downloading again today. 12/28/21.
    Updated recently but today it's not working. It doesn't go far enough to give me an error code.

What's the issue now?

Using R36.57
  • Interesting to see folks are using R37.62. I am running 36.57. And when I use the "Check for Updates", Quicken tells me that I am using the latest version (36.57).

What's up with that? Yes, with all of the problems, it just makes me wonder. With no answers. No updates. And yes, no Schwab updates today. Again.
  • Both Short and Long term cap gains with dividends reinvested show up as two transactions - one as reinvest interest with no shares, and the other as a bought transaction which affects the cash balance of the account.
    It is a huge headache to find and manually fix these, and it is happening at the worst time of the year when every fund is posting these transactions. When can we expect this to be fixed?
  • pgavon
    pgavon Member ✭✭
    @bobbakerarizona - The Quicken version you are on is probably tied to your Windows version (ie. Windows 10 versus Windows 11) and what version of Quicken you are running (Basic, Deluxe, or Premier). I got the new update this morning (37.62) and I am running Windows 11 with Quicken Premium. If you have the same as me, then it seems weird you didn't get the update as well...
  • I have Quicken Premier. Windows 10.

Thanks. I wouldn't think the Windows version would matter. Thanks for a possible clue.
  • Moe1959
    Moe1959 Member
    Is there any help available?
  • Solution found:
    - the 'Check for updates' in the application didn't work.
    - Using the website "Update and Mondo Patch: Subscription Release of Quicken for Windows", allowed me to download Version 37.62. Looking at the update list, it indicates that my Quicken was not updating.
  • DickMay
    DickMay Member ✭✭
    > @bobbakerarizona said:
    > Interesting to see folks are using R37.62. I am running 36.57. And when I use the "Check for Updates", Quicken tells me that I am using the latest version (36.57).
    >
    > What's up with that? Yes, with all of the problems, it just makes me wonder. With no answers. No updates. And yes, no Schwab updates today. Again.

Almost 4 hours on the phone with support, plus the Support Tech talking to his support team, finally got an update for Schwab. If I can reconstruct the steps in my mind I will post them. Unfortunately, he had me restore a version of my file from a couple of weeks ago to work on and was able to get an update from schwab. However all non Schwab accounts ( of which I have a handful ) I'm stuck with manually reconstructing all activity. Someone pour me a drink, fast!
  • DonutDollars
    DonutDollars Member ✭✭
    Ok, I've waited a month and am now trying to get Quicken to link to my Schwab Bank Checking account. It worked fine for years and I still can't get it to work since this kerfuffle started about a month ago.

I get a CC-502 error when I try to add with "Charles Schwab Bank - Investor C"
    I get a CC-503 error when I try to add with "Charles Schwab Bank -Web Connect"

I have tried both R 36.57 and R 37.62.
    I have also tried disabling and enabling 3rd party account access (OFX) on my schwab account.
    I do use two step verification on my schwab account with a security token, but this was never a problem in the past.
    Any help?
  • bonduser
    bonduser Member ✭✭
    Add me to the list of Schwab account holders that cannot receive updates to my Quicken Premier account. I'm up to Version R37.62, Build 27.137.62, running on Windows 10 Enterprise. The only thing that has come through to my Quicken account information is a stock split, but it didn't update the new price. No new purchases, sales, or dividends have been recorded since mid-November. After scanning all the previous comments, I see no reason to contact Quicken Support - they obviously know there's a problem - but the lack of communication and/or updates from Quicken is very disappointing.
  • DickMay
    DickMay Member ✭✭
    > @bonduser said:
    > Add me to the list of Schwab account holders that cannot receive updates to my Quicken Premier account. I'm up to Version R37.62, Build 27.137.62, running on Windows 10 Enterprise. The only thing that has come through to my Quicken account information is a stock split, but it didn't update the new price. No new purchases, sales, or dividends have been recorded since mid-November. After scanning all the previous comments, I see no reason to contact Quicken Support - they obviously know there's a problem - but the lack of communication and/or updates from Quicken is very disappointing.

I suggest a call (choke) to support. It took almost 4 hours but they got me connected to Schwab.
  • hcrow2
    hcrow2 Member ✭✭
    I wonder if Quicken has abandoned its customers who use Schwab? So far, there has been no meaningful communication about what going on or their commitment to resolving their problems with Schwab. I have wasted a total of 10 hours on the phone with their support and from that experience can say they have no idea how to fix this and are using our calls as a way to document the problems we are having.

I also have problems downloading data from other banks but have not even tried to address those as they are smaller compared to Schwab.
  • DickMay
    DickMay Member ✭✭
    > @hcrow2 said:
    > I wonder if Quicken has abandoned its customers who use Schwab? So far, there has been no meaningful communication about what going on or their commitment to resolving their problems with Schwab. I have wasted a total of 10 hours on the phone with their support and from that experience can say they have no idea how to fix this and are using our calls as a way to document the problems we are having.
    >
    > I also have problems downloading data from other banks but have not even tried to address those as they are smaller compared to Schwab.

The tech that I worked with on the phone to resolve my schwab problem told me that in addition to the security changes that Schwab made that caused the incompatibility with Quicken, Quicken also moved their cloud to a new server which caused some of the other connection problems with banks and/or credit card companies. Poor planning... Poor testing...
  • john_700
    john_700 Member
    edited December 2021
    I used a copy of my backup prior to November 19, and then manually added all transactions as of yesterday (day-long operation). Now, I can't get Quicken to get quotes or transactions! I have tried to reset the account (and go through the CS song and dance), but nothing is updating. Does ANYONE have an idea as to what I can do?
  • Steve Brown
    Steve Brown Member ✭✭
    After the Schwab changeover, I have 3 accounts working properly, and 2 that have not downloaded all transactions. I have updated the software again as of 12/29 and re-established the online updates, but no new transactions. Not sure what to do next
  • Jack Scripps
    Jack Scripps Member ✭✭
    Schwab downloaded capital gain distributions still being reflected in Quicken incorrectly. Both long and short term capital gain distributions shown as "Reinvsh". Used to be ReinvLG or ReinvSh.
  • mpreuss1
    mpreuss1 Member
    Hi - am trying to determine why, when trying to relink my 2 Charles Schwab Accounts to Quicken after the change, why the sign-in process doesn't display and accounts for selection. I have enabled the Third-Party Access at Charles Schwab and have the latest Version R37.37 and Build 27.1.37.37.
  • I finally tried to wrestle the Schwab update nighmare into order. I have five investment accounts with Schwab so I started with the three smallest, went through the Quicken advice and ended up with nearly a hundred transactions in one of the accounts, some of which belong to a different account. Do I really need to delete all accounts and transactions or manually enter all this stuff or should I just junk this software and do it on Excel. Mark me super frustrated after a month and a half of getting notices that we can't update until your waiting transactions are downloaded. Is there any solution at all? I'm running the latest Quicken update on a W10 machine and Quicken is the only software causing me these sorts of problems. Thanks.
  • I waited 2 weeks to try the Schwab reauthorization for the 'nth' time.

Unfortunately this is still not fixed for me.....

1/ I updated to R37.62
    2/ I used a file from r.35, before Schwab
    3/ Schwab Bank now correctly identifies itself
    4/ An active but unused Schwab investment account is only offered as checking or savings and is not identified in the list of account to link to
    5/ As previously, after the download, before processing ANY transactions, the toolbar balance on the Schwab bank account drops (incorrectly) by $8k. even though the download says it only downloaded 17 transactions. It's impossibly to find what's caused this, except to says it is not a recent transaction....

I've now not been able to effectively use my Quicken subscription for the best part of a month. I hope Quicken will remember this when they start demanding a renewal....
  • pambates
    pambates Member ✭✭
    Ditto
  • Murali Narayanan
    Murali Narayanan Member ✭✭✭
    Piling on.

My Schwab transaction download experience has been quite different since 37.62 and the experience has not changed after updating to R37.64 this morning.

Symptoms:
    1. No download errors. During download, I get the usual Processing status bar for each account and the downloads terminate with no errors.
    2. Transactions show up in the schwab account registers after a few hours or the next day. After I execute stock or options (not mutual funds that only get executed at the end of the trading day) transactions at Schwab, i download the transactions but they don't show up. I download 3-4 times at about 1 hr interval and the transactions dont show. About 5-6 hrs later, I see the red flags to the accounts in which I made trades but when I select those accounts, I dont see any transactions to reconcile. Another hour or two later, all the transactions do show up with no errors.
    3. In any case, if I initiate a download the next day, all the transactions from the previous day do show up with no errors.

Possible causes:
    1. Schwab doesnt let Quicken to download the transaction for x hours after a trade is executed.
    2. Quicken downloads the transactions but does not display them for reconciliation for x hours.

Net: I have no download issues from any of my Schwab accounts except the transactions dont show up for reconciliation for a few hours.

I also have an account at Fidelity and I have no issues with that account.

YMMV. Pls share if you have experienced something similar.

This discussion has been closed.