Schwab Update Problem

Comments

• BobC
    BobC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hello again:

Well, the good news in my previous post turned bad - That was Tuesday's news.  Today, Wednesday, 1/5/2022, I followed up by trying to reconnect, as part of my Wednesday One Step Update (OSU).  All worked OK except for Schwab.  Back to the same old error seen for the last week - "Oops.  We're having a problem.  CC-501".  No connection, no update, no download, for any of my three Schwab accounts.  Will see what happens tomorrow.

Thanks,
    BobC
    Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Subscription, Build 27.1.40.21,
    Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 OS build  19044.1706 Exp 120.2212.4170.0
  • jpricebowman
    jpricebowman Member ✭✭
    On January 2, 2022 my portfolio decreased in value dramatically. The bonds in the account had been removed. I did not remove the bonds. The removal did not show in the register. If you searched the specific bond transactions from the Find button a transaction did appear on 1/02/2022. Clicking on this transaction did nothing. I spoke with Customer Support and they had no input into why it happened. Ref #9123035. While attempting to add the bonds back to the investment account I received a placeholder message. There is a (0) next to placeholder entries and none appear when Placeholder is clicked.

It's concerning that transactions can be removed and hidden without the users input.

Any insights?
  • tseline
    tseline Member
    some accounts update through 12/10, one account updates through 12/23, have tried reauthorizing the accounts and reinstalling Quicken to no avail.
  • Jay Gatz
    Jay Gatz Member
    Same, an entire account stopped updating as of 12/21, another account appears to be fully updated.
  • truscitti
    truscitti Member
    I am on version 37.66 (Quicken Premier for Windows). I can upload transactions from my 4 Schwab accounts once, but I am then forced to reset the account after each download to able to continue to retrieve transactions. Is anyone experiencing this and is there any remedy?
  • truscitti
    truscitti Member
    *to be able
  • The transition effort between Schwab & Quicken starting in October to implement the "Express Connect + " method to get new data to show up my Quicken account registers has turned out terribly. My wife & I have 8 active accounts with Schwab with years of data recorded. 7 of those accounts have no new data since Mid-November. Each time I do a new data download transaction (which is almost daily) I see the "Needs Your Attention " error reports. These have either "Reauthorize" or "Fix It" hot buttons associated with each error report. Activating these buttons starts a long series of back & forth with Schwab log-ons and Quicken "Match to Account" transactions which I do diligently but it accomplishes exactly NO CHANGE. What do I do now? This is horrible.
  • EugeneG
    EugeneG Member
    All of the Schwab stock transactions for the last month or so have been shunted to "Uncategorized" income and expenses rather than being handled as purchases and sales within the Schwab account. Is there an easy way to correct this other than manual reentry? Is Quicken doing anything about this issue?
  • bonduser
    bonduser Member ✭✭
    I followed the instructions posted by @MSC "Problem Solved after call with Quicken technical support" on January 4th, and that seems to have fixed my issues. So thanks for that!

My question has to do with miserable communication by Quicken. For my part, this has been going on since mid-November, and I'm used to being balanced to the penny in the 20+ years I've used Quicken. Just from reading these messages, this is not an isolated issue, and I'm guessing there are many (many!) multiples of users with this problem for each user who has commented here. Why hasn't Quicken tech support blasted out a similar set of instructions to all users? I've seen some folks post that this isn't Quicken's fault because a security change was forced by Schwab, but I don't buy that. I seriously doubt Schwab rolled out a new security change with no warning. This looks more like a testing flaw, where Quicken did not anticipate all the potential alternatives.
  • Kevin Mc
    Kevin Mc Member
    edited January 7
    I recently opened some accounts with Schwab and linked them in Quicken on Jan 2nd. Although I was able to connect to Schwab and the accounts were created in Quicken, I can't download anything into them.

I checked and there are no updates available for me to download. Based on one post I did download a "mondo" patch. I've taken all steps listed in the following post multiple times with no success.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/errors-when-updating-or-adding-charles-schwab-accounts

I see that everyone is having troubles downloading from Schwab. My main question is: Should I delete the accounts from Quicken (there aren't any transactions in them yet) and try again?

Are there any upcoming patches that will resolve this issue?
  • DonutDollars
    DonutDollars Member ✭✭
    FINALLY solved my CC-502 error.
    ***It involved temporarily disabling my Security Token!***

I had to sign into schwab and under "2 Factor Verification" and DISABLE "Always at Login".
    I chose "Only on trusted devices" instead.

Then, for the first time in more than a month I was able to get Quicken to connect to Schwab.
    Interestingly, after the initial setup, I was ably to turn my Security Token back on, and Quicken still seems to work.

(Also note, on that same Schwab Security page I have "Third Party Access to Account Information" enabled for quicken. This turns on the Quicken OFX protocol, and may also be required.)
  • Nomas
    Nomas Member
    Went through the new verification process. When I tried downloading it saw all Schwab accounts as new. When I tried to match to existing only Checking and Savings were matched it didn't provide options for brokerage accounts. Now when I update either checking or saving I get a quicken box doing a one time sync to the cloud. It does this every time and nothing updates...... Any ideas?
  • billpi
    billpi Member ✭✭
    I have two Schwab accounts that have not been updating since October 2021.
    there is a "zzz-Charles Schwab & Co. Inc." for institution name.
  • BobC
    BobC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hello again:

This is my third post to this thread, on January 8th.

My first post was January 5th, at 12:04 pm, after trying @MSC 's January 4th - 6 step process, listed on page 5 of this thread.  I added a few additional sub steps - to close and reopen Quicken after logging out, and before logging back in, and I made additional backups on steps 1 and 5.  Thanks to MSC, I was able to reestablish connectivity, but no transactions downloaded. 

My second post was after seeing connectivity fail again, later on January 5th at 10:20 pm - I was back to the CC-501 errors again. 

This third post began on Friday, January 7th, when I was going to go through the 6 steps listed by MSC again.  Turns out I only needed to do step 1 to re-establish connectivity.  I included some additional actions - closing Quicken after logging out, and then reopening Quicken after logging back in, (to the same account), and with that, I was able to connect with Schwab using OSU or going to the account and choosing "Update Transactions" from the menu, (which does a "mini" update of that FI only).  However, as before, no new transactions downloaded. 

Today, Saturday, January 8th, after running OSU again, this morning, some transactions that had been on the Schwab website for several days, from 12/31 and 1/1, downloaded into my Schwab bank savings account and my Schwab One brokerage account.  However, transactions from 12/31 and 1/1 did not download to my Schwab bank checking account, nor was the checking account online balance updated.

Later today, January 8th, at around 10:30 PM, I ran OSU again, and connectivity with Schwab continued to function, and the missing transactions from Schwab bank checking downloaded.

The questions remaining are:
    • Will connectivity continue to function properly?
    • Will the user need to re-enter the authorization process again and again, as some of us have experienced in the last few weeks?
    • How long should the user expect information posted on the Schwab web site take to migrate to Quicken, for each type of account and each type of transaction?
    I guess time and experience will tell.

Thanks,
    BobC
    Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Subscription, Build 27.1.40.21,
    Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 OS build  19044.1706 Exp 120.2212.4170.0
  • RYoule80439
    RYoule80439 Member
    Throughout the last two weeks of December, I experienced the same frustrating problems as many other users with my Schwab accounts. Online access to my three Schwab accounts would no longer work. After hours of effort and a lengthy but worthless telephone session with Quicken "support," I was finally able to reauthorize online access to my Schwab accounts in late December. That was the good news. The bad news is that re-establishing online access to Schwab seems to have disrupted my online access with other financial institutions. So now, with Schwab online downloads reestablished, I can no longer download transactions from Vanguard and Fidelity. I can establish online download capability with Schwab and Vanguard, or with Schwab and Fidelity, but not with all three (Schwab, Vanguard and Fidelity). Anyone else had similar issues or have any theories on why this is happening?
  • robertbokern1
    robertbokern1 Member ✭✭
    1/9/2022

still can't download schwab cash/checking transactions: only downloads investments
  • DCB7923
    DCB7923 Member
    I continue to have issues updating Schwab Accounts after updating the software, trying to update receiving error message and waiting over 24hours to repeat the process and still receiving error. " unable to update these accounts because of an error on the Quicken server..."
  • Jean Zick
    Jean Zick Member ✭✭
    I'm experiencing similar problems with my Schwab accounts. I have accounts under two different Schwab IDs. The update & re-authorization appeared to work. However, the investment account transactions are not downloading. When I run OneStepUpdate, the summary will state that the update ran and transactions downloaded. No transactions will appear in the downloaded list. If I run an update on one of the Schwab IDs individually, some of the transactions will appear.
  • rvhjjh
    rvhjjh Member ✭✭
    > @DonutDollars said:
    > FINALLY solved my CC-502 error.
    > ***It involved temporarily disabling my Security Token!***
    >
    > I had to sign into schwab and under "2 Factor Verification" and DISABLE "Always at Login".
    > I chose "Only on trusted devices" instead.
    >
    > Then, for the first time in more than a month I was able to get Quicken to connect to Schwab.
    > Interestingly, after the initial setup, I was ably to turn my Security Token back on, and Quicken still seems to work.
    >
    > (Also note, on that same Schwab Security page I have "Third Party Access to Account Information" enabled for quicken. This turns on the Quicken OFX protocol, and may also be required.)

This worked for me also. When I connect to Schwab I select Schwab Banking. I have 2 Schwab Bank accounts & it downloaded transactions from both just like it used to in the past. Hopefully this will continue to work. I also have Schwab investment accounts but I have never set those up for download from Schwab.
  • blnh
    blnh Member
    I am using Windows 10 Home, Quicken Premier R37.66 - the latest Mondo Patch. I am unable to update my 401K "Charles Schwab & Co., Inc" account. I removed the account to try and re-add it and receive a CC-501 error. I signed out of my Quicken ID according to your instructions (sign in using a different user, but use the same login credentials). I still receive the CC-501 error. I created a new Quicken file to add the one Schwab account and I receive a CC-503 error.

The Schwab Security Center displays this notice:
    Notice for Quicken Users: When establishing or changing your password, keep in mind that Quicken supports passwords that include letters and numbers. Passwords that contain special characters are not currently supported by Quicken.

My Schwab password contained special characters, so I changed the password to alphanumeric case-sensitive only characters. (This is not as secure, but I want to see if this solves the problem.) The Schwab login window is displayed in the add account process. But, I still receive a CC-503 error when attempting to add the account to a brand new Quicken file. The password is absolutely correct. I can login to Schwab, so it must be a Quicken issue.

Note: Enabling Third Party Access in Schwab Security Center is no longer displayed. Therefore, I assume this is no longer a requirement.
  • blnh
    blnh Member
    After removing the account and attempting to re-add it, Quicken is asking to authenticate an existing credit card and my bank account. These accounts are not configured for online updates, so why is Quicken asking for this. I have to cancel these processes, which returns me to the Schwab Quicken credentials screen. I enter my Schwab credentials and receive the CC-501 error.

Why is Quicken prompting me to authenticate just one of my credit card accounts and my bank account? I'm trying to add the Schwab account.
  • blnh
    blnh Member
    edited January 27
    [Removed - NO Soliciting]
  • DickMay
    DickMay Member ✭✭
    edited January 27
    Quicken user since DOS... Scars to prove it!
  • Jeffrey Wilens
    Jeffrey Wilens Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    [Other Product] is a poor substitute.  No historical data and no reporting.  It's just a good real time view of current and recent transactions in each account.  Plus you will find not all accounts sync well (just like they don't in Quicken).
  • mryan301
    mryan301 Member
    edited January 27
  • Lowell S
    Lowell S Member
    The posts seem to indicate that the Schwab Bank problems have been fixed. Not so for me. I have two separate databases, both with Schwab Bank accounts. One loads fine; the other gives me a 501 error. I wait several days but I keep getting the same result. Is anyone else having this problem?
  • QuickMER
    QuickMER Member
    I have worked through the connection issues, created a new Quicken file, reactivated accounts, reloaded data and still the data is incorrect. Quicken is not picking up all the positions in my Charles Schwab bond account. Does Quicken think they have resolved the problem? See my post "Schwab mess".
  • bobbakerarizona
    bobbakerarizona Member ✭✭
    Not sure why....and I don't have any confidence in it, but...
    For the past couple of days, both my Schwab bank and investment accounts are downloading transactions.
    I'm not sure if it is luck, or if Quicken fixed something.
  • stevenbarb78
    stevenbarb78 Member
    edited January 27
    [Removed - NO Soliciting/Rant]
This discussion has been closed.