Comments

• DonutDollars
    DonutDollars Member ✭✭
    > @rvhjjh said:
    > > @DonutDollars said:
    > > FINALLY solved my CC-502 error.
    > > ***It involved temporarily disabling my Security Token!***
    > >
    > > I had to sign into schwab and under "2 Factor Verification" and DISABLE "Always at Login".
    > > I chose "Only on trusted devices" instead.
    > >
    > > Then, for the first time in more than a month I was able to get Quicken to connect to Schwab.
    > > Interestingly, after the initial setup, I was ably to turn my Security Token back on, and Quicken still seems to work.
    > >
    > > (Also note, on that same Schwab Security page I have "Third Party Access to Account Information" enabled for quicken. This turns on the Quicken OFX protocol, and may also be required.)
    >
    > This worked for me also. When I connect to Schwab I select Schwab Banking. I have 2 Schwab Bank accounts & it downloaded transactions from both just like it used to in the past. Hopefully this will continue to work. I also have Schwab investment accounts but I have never set those up for download from Schwab.

Well, this worked for a couple hours, but the next day my Update from Schwab was unsuccessful.
    It looks like you have to Disable "Always at Login" for Schwab's Security Token every time you want to update Quicken.
  • RLF3rd
    RLF3rd Member ✭✭
    All, I'm sharing a post that I made on a different discussion in case it is helpful here as well.

"Over the weekend, I had a minor breakthrough thanks to a post I saw elsewhere on this forum. I still can't get my Schwab accounts to download transactions using One Step Update or using the Update Transactions under the gear menu. But opening up the gear menu and holding down "shift + control" while clicking on Update Transactions, worked. It first brings up a dialog asking if you want to redownload past transactions. I clicked yes and my transactions downloaded. There were no duplicate past transactions but there were a few that previously hadn't downloaded as well as current transactions. Doing this on just one of my accounts, downloaded all Schwab account under my Schwab user name. I did the same on one of my wife's accounts and it downloaded all under her user name. You should not have to do this for each of your accounts, just one account per user name.

"I still have other issues with Quicken and Schwab (mainly how Quicken treats cash and money market funds in Schwab accounts), but it appears that my transactions are now up to date. I hope this solutions continues to work. I also hope that Quicken gets One Step Update to work as it should."

I hope this helps. Good luck!
  • rvhjjh
    rvhjjh Member ✭✭
    > @DonutDollars said:
    > > @rvhjjh said:
    > > > @DonutDollars said:
    > > > FINALLY solved my CC-502 error.
    > > > ***It involved temporarily disabling my Security Token!***
    > > >
    > > > I had to sign into schwab and under "2 Factor Verification" and DISABLE "Always at Login".
    > > > I chose "Only on trusted devices" instead.
    > > >
    > > > Then, for the first time in more than a month I was able to get Quicken to connect to Schwab.
    > > > Interestingly, after the initial setup, I was ably to turn my Security Token back on, and Quicken still seems to work.
    > > >
    > > > (Also note, on that same Schwab Security page I have "Third Party Access to Account Information" enabled for quicken. This turns on the Quicken OFX protocol, and may also be required.)
    > >
    > > This worked for me also. When I connect to Schwab I select Schwab Banking. I have 2 Schwab Bank accounts & it downloaded transactions from both just like it used to in the past. Hopefully this will continue to work. I also have Schwab investment accounts but I have never set those up for download from Schwab.
    >
    > Well, this worked for a couple hours, but the next day my Update from Schwab was unsuccessful.
    > It looks like you have to Disable "Always at Login" for Schwab's Security Token every time you want to update Quicken.

Yep, just tried it again & have to disable Security token to download. Didn't used to be like that. Before when trying to download from Schwab Quicken would state that Schwab is asking for code which I would then enter to get the download. As you said looks like we have to disable each time now prior to attempting download with Quicken but at least it can now be done.
  • JeffConey
    JeffConey Member ✭✭
    A new problem has arisen when attempting to download Schwab transactions and it CONSISTENTLY HAPPENS.

The first time I run 1Step Update no Schwab transactions download even though there are transactions to download.

To get the transactions to download I have to select one of the Schwab accounts and do a reset, which needless to say, is cumbersome, involves re-mapping accounts, etc. Once that process is complete, I have to re-run 1 Step Update and transactions do, in fact, download - but it is a pain.

Has anyone else encountered what I describe above?

This happens on on two separate data files.
  • compuwise
    compuwise Member, Windows Beta Beta
    I'm having similar issues. Transactions are not downloading since 11/16. 
  • Phil H.
    Phil H. Member ✭✭✭
    Well now, the "reset" function worked and I have my missing transactions that I was missing since Jan 3. This is dumb, it needs to be worked on.
  • RLF3rd
    RLF3rd Member ✭✭
    @JeffConey. Forget about resetting your accounts; that process is too cumbersome. See my note above a couple of comments above. I haven't been able to get One Step Update (OSU) to work for several months. BUT, I have found a solution that seems to be working, at least for now.

Instead of using OSU for your Schwab accounts, just open up one of them, click on the gear symbol in the upper right, hold down "shift + control" and click on "Update Transactions" on the gear menu. You'll get a dialogue asking "Also re-download earlier transactions?" -- click "yes." Your current and any missing transactions should download for any account associated with the user name that you first selected. And this download will happen without having to reset the accounts.

This has been working for me and others on this forum. It's not the optimum but it seems to be a good work around until Quicken fixes OSU so it works with Schwab accounts. Hopefully.

I hope this works for you. Good luck.
  • Phil H.
    Phil H. Member ✭✭✭
    Tk RLF3rd, I'll check that "do around" next time
  • rhg_hilltop
    rhg_hilltop Member ✭✭
    @RLF3rd. This worked for me!! I had tried everything else, and this finally worked. Quicken should make this workaround more well known. Very grateful.
  • Fred Weber
    Fred Weber Member ✭✭
    I am having similar issues. We have two accounts in my wife's name, two accounts in my name, one joint account. There are two logins to Charles Schwab. All are investment accounts. Windows 11, Quicken Deluxe. I have done all of the recommended changes since 11/17/21. Now I can get transactions downloaded for my accounts and the joint account. Never get transactions for my wife's account. Any recommendations?
  • bdoyle
    bdoyle Member
    I am have similar problems...deactivated/activated accounts. Using R37.67; Build 27.1 Just today downloaded data but only received data from 11/15. More importantly, EOY transactions show reinvested dividends as new deposits (not "reinvested") without number of shares purchased. Additionally, I am still unable to download the account history prior to 11/15. Any suggestions?
  • pdxdb
    pdxdb Member ✭✭
    Updated Schwab bank connection but downloaded to new acct. Deleted that acct, but when trying to connect on existing acct with proper credentials, I get a loop asking for password with no exit. Have downloaded and installed the patch.
  • marlae007.
    marlae007. Member ✭✭
    I finally got this work and don't understand why it's not made public via Quicken - it's been months with this issue. It's a good work around until they fix the current process, and the way it's going it may be longer then expected.
  • Phil H.
    Phil H. Member ✭✭✭
    @RLF3rd This worked like a charm. Thanks
  • JeffAR
    JeffAR Member
    I've been able to get my other Schwab accounts downloaded since the changes in December. I'm using Windows R37.67
  • marpler
    marpler Member ✭✭
    Year end review of my Schwab accounts have given me evidence that while I am able to download all of my accounts, and to date it has been stable, the data have not matched my paper reports from Schwab. The most common issue is all capital gains have been listed as Short Term. The most recent example was December 16 2021. I am currently using version R 37.67 Build 27.1.37.67 although I am not sure when I started this version in relation to the data download. Please keep working on this aspect of your program.
  • Jean Zick
    Jean Zick Member ✭✭
    Looks like it's working! I had already figured out that I could update the accounts individually. I didn't know how to download the older transactions. Thank you @RLF3rd.
  • I had an issue downloading Schwab investment transaction. As usual, when I download securities that aren't in Quicken, it prompts me to click "Yes this is an existing security" or "No, add the security" then you can edit the security name to add a new one. When I did this, then "accepted" the transactions, none of the edited names I input were there and all buy/sell transactions showed up as withdrawals/deposits.

Long story short, I spent over an hour going back to a back-up thinking I clicked something wrong when I downloaded transaction. Instead what I found is that the CUSIP IDs are not downloading from Schwab. On the Schwab site, none of the transactions have CUSIP IDs in the "History" section when you click on "Trade Details". This started when the new year changed.

So, I don't know if it's a Schwab or Quicken issue, but obviously makes tracking investments in Quicken useless if you have to spend hours manually adding every single new security and editing each transaction.
  • puggers
    puggers Member ✭✭
    I am on 37.67. I cannot download my 2 Schwab accounts. I have deactivated, changed password, reactivated, re-reactivated and re-de-re-activated. Fix this stinking problem Quicken people! Maybe work MLK day and pretend like you care about fixing this problem. Been Quicken user many years. This is worst ever problem for me. This one really impacts me. Fix it!
  • hcrow2
    hcrow2 Member ✭✭
    I have been using Quicken since 1997 and have over 10 accounts with Schwab, 5 different banks, 4 credit cards, I always could update transactions flawlessly - and then November 16, 2021. I have spent over 10 hours with Quicken support people and downloaded all updates, the latest today January 15th, 2022. Basically, I am terrified to try and update my Schwab accounts until I read on these chat pages about people having sucess, then I would only try to update with a Quicken support person online. I have never had anything like these problems in 25 years of using Quicken.
  • skrishna825
    skrishna825 Member
    Schwab account has no updates since november. when will this issue get resolved. running windows subscription deluxe version.
  • Budholm
    Budholm Member ✭✭
    The bank account doesn't download all the transactions; in 15 days of 2022, there were a total of seven transactions, it only downloaded five, Also, it is still trying to autofill the categories in some instances, even though I have changed the settings to stop it from doing so. Example: my January mortgage payment was categorized as a "credit card payment!" Consequently, I must manually check/enter transactions each day (at least once, sometimes more) for both banking and brokerage.
  • WJKarls
    WJKarls Member
    I opened an acct at Charles Schwab, and Ive been trying to add an acct through the tool bar to download my transactions for the last 4 days. I keep getting a message from quicken that they are having issues connecting to CS servers, and to try again in a few hours. I used the online chat yesterday, with no luck

Anyone out there have any ideas?
  • Jph317
    Jph317 Member
    Why is Quicken rolling out different Quicken versions without going through a full testing of the version. I want my money back.
  • RicoH
    RicoH Member ✭✭
    I still am not getting transactions downloaded properly in Schwab investment accounts. They are listed as deposits and withdrawals, but not reinvested dividends or sales/purchases, for example. I've spent hour with Schwab folks and have tried contacting Quicken, but I give up after waiting on hold for 30+ minutes. Neither Schwab nor Quicken seems to be taking responsibility for this mess.
  • cruciverbalist
    cruciverbalist Member ✭✭
    Using R37.67 build 21.1.37.67
    Since 11/21 randomly, I am unable to balance my Schwab checking account.
    Briefly, things were in balance, with everything accounted for as of yesterday.
    Today, I am off by $3.01.
    Going through the 6 years of history with this account, I see that Quicken reports an opening balance of $3.01. Changing this to 0.00 corrects the balance, and the problem seems to be resolved.
    I know that the opening balance was $0.00 as of yesterday because yesterday the account balanced correctly. Today it did not.
    This happened in November 2021, December 2021 and now January 2022, each time with a different amount in the purported opening balance.
    Again, changing the opening balance to $0.00 each time corrects the problem.
    What is going on?
  • Sapientlace
    Sapientlace Member
    I cannot get 3 of my 4 Charles Schwab accounts to properly re-authenticate. I keep receiving an error saying that my institution rejected the request and that I need to contact them for assistance. So I logged into my Schwab accounts online and I'm finding that all accounts at Schwab are properly authenticated - though I updated it again this morning (on their website), just to be sure and I'm still getting this error. I read one of your articles about how to fix this, BUT the re-authenticate button that you show in that article does not appear for me. This needs to be fixed ASAP as I have not been able to update these accounts for several weeks now.
  • SmokeyToo
    SmokeyToo Member ✭✭
    Up to now i have used auto reconcile for my schwab investment accounts. I have now switched to manual input and reconcile due to a change in the Schwab EULA.... I have 3 investment transactions that i cannot figure out why they cause a difference between the cleared and uncleared items (in reconclie window) when the items are checked. They are all 3 dated 12/31 - a transfer, an interest payment and a div payment and all are verifed as completed on the paper statement and included online and in the paper statement balance.

Tks for any suggestion on trying to figure out why these items caused a non 0 reconclie.
  • mvmcc
    mvmcc Member ✭✭
    It seems Schwab is broken again. No trades downloading today. Anyone else have a problem?
This discussion has been closed.