Schwab Update Problem

Comments

• RicoH
    RicoH Member ✭✭
    The problems with downloading from Schwab to Quicken seem to persist. Maybe it's worth exerting more pressure on Schwab (which may exert pressure on Quicken) to fix the problem. Here's a direct phone number to Schwab's technical support: 800-433-9196. The last time I talked with someone there, I was told to simply do nothing until Quicken fixes things. But I (like others) need to use the information stored in Quicken for tax prep and other applications. I can't afford simply to wait much longer. So, perhaps give Schwab a call, and see what its representatives can do for us.
  • m_coffrini
    m_coffrini Member
    Thank you everyone for the suggestions. The good news: I am now receiving transactions for my Schwab accounts. The bad news: The holdings and balances are not being updated for any checking or brokerage accounts. So I need to go to Schwab.com for checking account balances and my brokerage accounts are showing a share reconcilement problem with 0 shares reported by my financial institution. Lastly, Schwab is no longer showing in One Step Update and it does not allow me to download transactions using the gear menu in an individual account (i.e. the RLF3rd work around). Is anyone having these problems? Any workarounds? Thank you
  • JeffC
    JeffC Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken is STILL not downloading Schwab transactions. Are others still having issues like me?
  • roberthenry
    roberthenry Member ✭✭
    I'll add my observations of problems with Schwab on Quicken. I haven't been able to sync my Schwab accounts for months now. I've disabled the non-working connection I had and have tried connecting following the instructions on Quicken's web site. Using Quicken R37.67.
    1. Click Tools...Online Center.
    2. Select Schwab (zzz...etc)
    3. Click Update/Send button.
    4. Enter password in dialog box and click Update button.
    5. Get dialog box that an error has occurred.
    6. Get another dialog box with error OL-301-A. There's a "Reauthorize" button. Click it...
    7. That opens a message box that the account must be reauthorized. Click the button.
    8. Another message box telling me that I'll have to reauthorize all my accounts separately. Click the button.
    9. A login dialog box. Enter username/password and click login.
    10. A long legal document. Click the check box and click continue.
    11. Another dialog box with a cancel/accept button set.
    12. A list of my accounts. Click continue.
    13. A review page with offer to change password. Changing password.
    14. Somehow it triggered before I finished changing the password. Locked out. Click recover password. Wait for email.
    15. No email. Check login to website-OK. Start over in Quicken.
    16. Click Tools...Online Ceneter.
    17. Schwab no longer appears in the list.
    18. Give up.
  • roberthenry
    roberthenry Member ✭✭
    Tried again
    1. Tools..Account List
    2. Select one of the Schwab accounts.
    3. Reauthorize message box.
    4. Found the problem: If you try to type your username or password and try to backspace, it closes the box and take you to the previous box. Who's the idiot who coded this damn thing! Try to type those items perfectly, without backspace.
    5. Finally got the thing set up and it appears to download.
  • hcrow2
    hcrow2 Member ✭✭
    December 20 - After downloading the R37.67 update and 5 hours with Quicken help, disconnecting and reconnecting all my Schwab accounts twice I have now been able to update all but two accounts. However, I get a window twice saying I need to authorize my accounts which I have to close and verify I want to close before the update occurs - annoying but progress. what a mess. Schwab tells me they are downloading a fix tonight that may fix the problem of the two accounts not downloading which apparently is a Schwab issue.
    Progress finally!!
  • BScoBee
    BScoBee Member
    I just updated to R73.67 and am trying to download transactions from my Schwab accounts. While it's less problematic than before, I'm still having difficulties. First, most of the accounts update without errors, but no transactions are actually downloaded, even though I reset the accounts. Second, when I try to deactivate online services, with the intention to then reactivate, nothing happens: I click on Deactivate, but there's no change.

Has anyone else seen this? I didn't see this listed as a known bug.

Thanks,
    Scott
  • QuickMER
    QuickMER Member
    I have similar issues with Schwab accounts. I created a new Quicken file and reloaded all data and still one of my accounts is incorrect. Does anyone in support respond to these issues?
  • okiedude
    okiedude Member
    > @RLF3rd said:
    > @JeffConey. Forget about resetting your accounts; that process is too cumbersome. See my note above a couple of comments above. I haven't been able to get One Step Update (OSU) to work for several months. BUT, I have found a solution that seems to be working, at least for now.
    >
    > Instead of using OSU for your Schwab accounts, just open up one of them, click on the gear symbol in the upper right, hold down "shift + control" and click on "Update Transactions" on the gear menu. You'll get a dialogue asking "Also re-download earlier transactions?" -- click "yes." Your current and any missing transactions should download for any account associated with the user name that you first selected. And this download will happen without having to reset the accounts.
    >
    > This has been working for me and others on this forum. It's not the optimum but it seems to be a good work around until Quicken fixes OSU so it works with Schwab accounts. Hopefully.
    >
    > I hope this works for you. Good luck.

Word....this works for me..still hoping for fix with OSU, tho....
  • AngelaM
    AngelaM Member
    Same here. I was briefly able to update the accounts, but for the past couple of weeks it's showing a successful one step update with no download. And I know for a fact there are transactions that have occurred during January which haven't downloaded. Will Quicken be doing anything about this, or should I find another money management product which is more compatible with Schwab Brokerage accounts?
  • RicoH
    RicoH Member ✭✭
    Sorry. Okiedude's "solution" didn't work for me.
  • sibean
    sibean Member
    Same situation, my 2 accounts have updates that aren't correct, and my spouses account won't update at all. Please direct us as to how to solve this problem. If this is not resolved, I may not renew my subscription.
  • Thomas Roche
    Thomas Roche Member ✭✭
    edited January 27
    > @travler2100 said:
    > [Removed - NO Soliciting]

[Removed-Solicitation]
  • Mart65
    Mart65 Member ✭✭
    edited January 27
    [Removed - NO Soliciting]
  • jpricebowman
    jpricebowman Member ✭✭
    edited February 17
    [Removed - Off Topic]
  • timburgh
    timburgh Member
    Please, Quicken, find a solution to this Charles Schwab download situation. What a mess.
  • guicerj
    guicerj Member
    I gave up and moved my accounts to Fidelity.
  • pdxdb
    pdxdb Member ✭✭
    edited January 27
    [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines] I get 99% way through setting up the Schwab connection for ust the bank and then cannot access the NEXT button because it is apparently too far down for either of my screens to see, or perhaps it was forgotten!

Cannot modify my budget because there is no way I have found to access a category in the budget. Printing reports from budget just got screwed up as well, not as efficient as it was before.
  • gcorvin
    gcorvin Member ✭✭
    edited January 27
    [Removed - Off Topic/NO Soliciting]
  • KCHawk
    KCHawk Member
    edited January 27
    Schwab not responding to one step update, but when I select one of several Schwab Accounts and do a transaction update the all Schwab accounts appear to update.
  • gcorvin
    gcorvin Member ✭✭
    edited January 28
    [Removed - Disruptive] Let me ask this simple and hopefully uncontroversial question - Does Quicken consider the Schwab issue resolved? If no, and they are still working on it, I'll hang tight and even renew my subscription next month. After all, as they say good things come to those who wait.

However, if Quicken considers the Schwab issues still being reported here as resolved and/or are aware that these issues exist but are no longer working to correct them, can you please advise us of that so other arrangements can be made?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you all for participating in this discussion.
    gcorvin said:
    [Removed - Disruptive] Let me ask this simple and hopefully uncontroversial question - Does Quicken consider the Schwab issue resolved? If no, and they are still working on it, I'll hang tight and even renew my subscription next month. After all, as they say good things come to those who wait.

However, if Quicken considers the Schwab issues still being reported here as resolved and/or are aware that these issues exist but are no longer working to correct them, can you please advise us of that so other arrangements can be made?
    Yes, the issues with Charles Schwab are being noticed and continue to be worked on. However, we do currently need more customers to call Quicken Support directly by phone to effectively get these issues documented and escalated as contacting support will also create tickets for each contact made which helps with better tracking.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • lwj
    lwj Member ✭✭
    edited January 28
    Quicken Anja said: However, we do currently need more customers to call Quicken Support directly by phone...
    I've done that and complained to Schwab. Now I have another broker and [Removed - Solicitation].
    Maybe Quicken would do better to fix the problems rather than expect clients to jump through hoops?
  • RicoH
    RicoH Member ✭✭
    edited January 28
    [Removed - No Soliciting]
  • MGL
    MGL Member
    I am having the same issue since early January. No downloaded transactions from Charles Schwab.
  • Wayne104
    Wayne104 Member ✭✭
    > @KCHawk said:
    > Schwab not responding to one step update, but when I select one of several Schwab Accounts and do a transaction update the all Schwab accounts appear to update.

It was very odd that one step update gave different results than individual account updates. But this worked for me for brokerage transactions.

However, I recently transferred a Roth IRA into Schwab. Those transactions do not appear at all despite trying this.
  • RicoH
    RicoH Member ✭✭
    Last week, I called Schwab, who connected me to a supposedly high-level Quicken tech support person. She told me that a new update of Quicken, v. 38.25 was available, which I then downloaded and installed. But brokerage transactions still didn't show up in the correct place or in the right format. After giving her log files, etc., and spending more than an hour on the phone with her, she told me that someone would call me back 10 days later! I'll report back when I hear from that person (if he/she calls).
    It's still greatly disappointing that Quicken hasn't fixed this more-than-two-month-old problem.
This discussion has been closed.