Why does the Canadian version of Quicken for Windows not download Canadian Mutual Fund prices?

Quicken Deluxe - version R33.7; Build 2.1.33.7; edition Canada; Windows 10 Home
Browser: Firefox version 94.0.2 (64-bit)
Windows 11 Home Version:10.0.22000.1

Why can't I download Canadian mutual fund prices for:
- ATL5010 (CIBC Multi Asset Absolute Return Strategy Series),
- HKB518 (HSBC Monthly Income Fund - NL)
- HKB7518 (HSBC Monthly Income Fund Premium Series C$ - NL)

If there's a Canadian edition of Quicken, isn't it reasonable to expect that it can quote Canadian mutual funds? What services does Quicken use to get this information?

Answers

• Kanuck
    Kanuck Member
    I identified this issue to CEO Eric Dunn by email in February 2021. Quicken has long since abandoned making improvements to the Canadian version. Private equity has only hastened the process. Deprecation by abandonment.
  • Michael 49
    Michael 49 Member ✭✭
    Thanks Kanuck. If the Canadian version has limits to what Canadian securities it handles, then isn't it misleading to market a Canadian version of Quicken without disclosing its limitations? What's the best replacement to take it's place and able to import all the existing data?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    If the mutual fund is a publicly traded security (has a public symbol) then you should complain to Quicken Support about a given missing quote.  You should also report it with Help -> Report a Problem.

But also note that the symbol you need to use in Quicken might be different than what you have at your broker, and that for securities that aren't public the prices should be in the QFX file that the financial institution is providing.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • bonnettd
    bonnettd Member ✭✭
    There have been many discussions regarding this. My understanding is that Quicken (Canadian Version) cant figure out mutual funds. Basically, there are several ways that you can manually create a price history but the Quicken people cant figure it out.