Reformat the reconcile window

Since all credit card companies have identical formats for payment and purchase data on the bill, can the reconcile window in Quicken be changed to the same format? It would make data entry easier. Data entry fields containing multiple bill line items requires getting  information from the bill and do the math to get the correct amounts for the reconcile window. 
Having the reconcile window format match the bill format would make the date entry much easier and faster.
Thank you.
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand this request.  What kind of data entry would you be doing for the reconcile?
    By the time you bring up the reconcile window all the transactions should have already been entered, you are just verifying what you have in Quicken lines up with what the financial institution has.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    "Since all credit card companies have identical formats for payment and purchase data on the bill, can the reconcile window in Quicken be changed to the same format?"
    Your premise is false, thus the rest of your request fails.
    Those formats are very similar ... but they're NOT identical.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're concerned about entering information into the two fields highlighted in yellow in the image below ...
    ... there's a frequently mentioned workaround in Community discussions about Reconcile:
    The fields for Charges and Payments do not appear to be used by Quicken at all. Fill out the Ending statement date, enter 0 (zero) into both Charges and Payments fields, enter the Ending balance and complete the reconcile process. No complicated calculations needed.