Problem with Windows 11 and Quicken for Windows

I recently "upgraded" to Windows 11. When I click on the Bills and Income tab I get a spinning cursor that won't resolve. When I click again, Windows asks if I want to shut the program down or wait. I've waited 30 minutes and nothing. I use Task Manager to "End" Quicken. If I click to "Close the program" I get a flag that says the problem is being reported to Microsoft. In the meantime, I have no access to the Bills and Income tab.

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the full path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file on the hard drive and the full path to the backup folder? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Ken256
    Ken256 Member ✭✭
    I use onedrive for backup and storage of the data file.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    I would suggest moving your Quicken data file to a local folder that is not synced to OneDrive. Quicken doesn't support cloud synced folders.
  • Ken256
    Ken256 Member ✭✭
    I moved the backup folder to the local drive and did a cold restart and that didn't solve the issue. I reinstalled Quicken afterward and it's all back up and running. Thanks for your recommendations.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    I didn't say the backup folder. I said the folder containing your current Quicken data file. Again, Quicken doesn't support cloud synced folders. Making backups to cloud based folders is fine.
This discussion has been closed.