Disable required selection of All or Selected accounts, etc. in Reports?

SVanDee
SVanDee Member ✭✭
edited December 2021 in Reports (Windows)
Being required to select All or Selected accounts, securities, etc. in Reports in order to get to the selection dialogs showed up fairly recently. It's a nuisance for me. I hardly ever want to select All of anything so it just adds a step. What does it buy anyone versus going directly to the Selected dialogs and clicking "Select All"? If some people do want to keep it, could we have an option in Preferences -> Reports to turn it off?
Tagged:
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @SVanDee,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community with your request.

I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Please, be sure to add your own vote as well.

-Quicken Anja
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the new All (whatever) setting is intended to let you tell Quicken that you want it to use all items at the time the report is run rather than all items at the time the report was saved.

There have been issues with the implementation of this feature. Sometimes when you open a report and the All button is selected, you must choose Selected to see which items are actually included.
    QWin Premier subscription