Show two decimal places for Price Day Change in Investing Portfolio view

The current display of Price Day Change (%) for Investing->Portfolio shows one decimal place. I think that the majority of daily changes are less than 1%, so this leave us with only one significant digit of information. Elsewhere, such as the Investing banner value for Daily Gain/Loss, and in the Investing Dashboard views, there are two decimals shown. Also, I can't find a single investment site which only shows one decimal for daily percent change. It would much improve my understanding. Both .05 and .14 round to .1, which hides a lot of information.
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    While I understand your point, I have the opposite view: adding another decimal place adds minimally to my understanding of performance and clutters a table already chock-full of numbers and digits. If you have a $100,000 investment, the difference between 0.05% and 0.14% is is $90, which I'd consider pretty minor with regard to a $100,000 investment. If they added a decimal place to each percentage column, it adds a lot more digits. I understand if you feel differently; I'm just offering a different point of view.

That said, if you're looking for performance for just today, you can find the data you're looking for in the Dashboard view; the Holdings and Top Movers cards both show today's change to two decimal places. :)

I've just compared my holdings in these two windows; the differences between -0.8% and -0.85%, or -1.0% and -1.04% aren't meaningful to me. Maybe it's because I'm more of a buy-and-hold investor, and you may be an active daily trader. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993