Copy and Paste transaction issue

One feature I use quite often is copying a transaction with a number of split items and then pasting it OVER an existing transaction.
For instance, I have a paycheck transaction that comes in during a Download, but it never has split itemization, so I COPY a previous paycheck transaction, where I've set up the split properly, and then PASTE it over the newly imported transaction.

This all works just fine except for one thing.

The DATE comes in from the COPIED transaction.

Now, if I pasted into an empty transaction at the end of the register, that would be fine, but if I'm pasting OVER an existing transaction, I can't think of any situation where I'd want the date to be duplicated from the source of the copy.

SUGGESTION: when pasting a transaction over an existing transaction, DO NOT copy the date, instead, leave it as it is in the transaction being pasted over.
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best way to handle this IMO would be to set up a Reminder for the paycheck and enter it before accepting the downloaded transaction into your register. Then the downloaded transaction should match the transaction that is already in your register.

You can even set the Reminder to auto-enter so you don't have click anything.
    QWin Premier subscription