Cancelled or Failed Quick Pays but Reminder still advances

In using Quick Pay when you cancel a payment or the payment fails, the reminder triggers to advance but the payment due was not completed. The reminder should not advance to the next month unless you have a successful payment.
Then when you do another Quick Pay to correct the Cancel or Fail the reminder advances again. So now the reminder is 2 months ahead of your actual successful payment and there is no way to correct it. This sets you up for skipping the next payment and it becomes a viscous cycle. How can I correct this situation without deleting the reminder and reentering it and relinking it to the Bill?

Comments

• napscoinc said:
    In using Quick Pay when you cancel a payment or the payment fails, the reminder triggers to advance but the payment due was not completed. The reminder should not advance to the next month unless you have a successful payment.
    Then when you do another Quick Pay to correct the Cancel or Fail the reminder advances again. So now the reminder is 2 months ahead of your actual successful payment and there is no way to correct it. This sets you up for skipping the next payment and it becomes a viscous cycle. How can I correct this situation without deleting the reminder and reentering it and relinking it to the Bill?
    Hello napscoinc,

Thank you for speaking to us about this matter in the Quicken Community. It can be confusing when dealing with these Quick Pay issues. Perhaps I am confused, myself, but is there a reason why you are adding another Quick Pay reminder to 'correct' the first that is advancing without being paid? I believe you can delete reminders if necessary. Do not actually do so if there is vital information at risk, but I am just trying to understand what is happening more clearly.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.