switched from windows to macbook and cannot figure out how to create sub-categiries for transactions

docfwd
docfwd Member
transaction sub categories

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2021
    When entering a transaction, type the main category name followed by a colon then the subcategory. That will create the main and subcategories. You can also click menu Window > Categories to create or edit them directly.

Note that in Register Preferences (menu Quicken > Preferences), there is an option to display long or short category names in the registers. If you select short, you will only see the lowest level subcategory displayed.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @docfwd I see from your post on my wall (please don't do that) that you said you don't understand.

Which part don't you understand? Please describe the steps you are going through and where you're getting stuck. Include screenshots.

Alternatively, I would suggest that you contact Quicken Support (click Support at the top of this page, then scroll down to the bottom to Call Us). They can screen share with you to walk you through the basics.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.