Xfinity issue detecting and paying bill

I've had Xfinity as an online biller since setting up Bill Manager. Recently it has been stuck in Waiting for Bill message - refresh bill has no affect. I confirmed repeatedly that the bill was present at the Xfinity website (due soon). I tried Review and Repair online billers - no affect. This is Windows (R37.37 Build 27.1.37.37).

Since I knew the bill was available I tried to just QuickPay the bill. The payment failed with a message asking me to validate my account credentials. I logged into the Xfinity website - no problems with my credentials.

I deleted the online biller for Xfinity and re-added it to ensure the credentials were correct (pretty sure I didn't I change anything). This had no effect, the biller now says "Biller added but the next due amount is not yet available." Pressing Refresh Bill twice a day for many days had no affect. At this point i had no choice but to pay the bill via the Xfinity website.

I do not see others indicating an issue with Xfinity so I'm unsure if there is an issue with my account or an edge case. However I'd like to figure this out so when next months bill shows up it is detected by Quicken. Not sure how to proceed.

-Jeff

Comments

• Hello, @jeffgreg

Thank you for taking the time to report your issue with us here in the Community! I am very sorry for any confusion or trouble this has caused you.

I did some research internally and it appears that our eBiller status with Xfinity is marked as degraded with errors affecting Syncing, Reporting, and Paying Bills through our eBilling service provider. This degraded status means that we are unable to reach this particular eBiller - however, we and the biller have both been made aware of this disconnect and a resolution is being worked on.

Regrettably, we do not have an ETA on when this issue will be resolved, however, I advise that you try again in a few days to see if there are any changes. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience in the meantime. If you have any further questions or require any further assistance, please let us know - we are always happy to help! Thank you.

-Quicken September
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    I am experiencing the same issues.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave up trying to sync my Xfinity bill. Every time I tried to sync, I would have to change my Xfinity password. Since I removed my Xfinity bill, I haven't had to change it.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • jefflock
    jefflock Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem and today Quicken notified me via email "Quicken was unable to process your payment because the XFINITY website is experiencing an outage. Your payment has been canceled. Please retry your payment later." I went to the Xfinity website and paid it manually. I will be looking foreward to Quicken correct this connection issue.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Any update from Quicken September or anyone at Quicken?
  • jefflock
    jefflock Member ✭✭
    I am wondeing what the status of this issue is? I now have another Xfinity bill and Quicken is not picking it up. Are there any updates on this issue?
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    The latest Mac version of Quicken now has the "pending billers" section at the bottom of the Biller's page and Xfinity is just sitting there.  Been several days.  I removed and tried again a few times but still won't link.  I find it somewhat ironic that when you select "new biller" there is a pretty icon for several of the larger vendors including Xfinity.  BUT it doesn't work.  (Same for AT&T for me too.)  All been reported multiple times.  You would think if Quicken prominently displays a vendor's icon that it would at least work...
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Can someone from Quicken please address this Xfinity issue (status, timing etc.)?
  • mflieger
    mflieger Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same exact Xfinity bill pay issues. Really aggravating. This really needs ongoing status updates from Quicken.
  • ITVGuy2000
    ITVGuy2000 Member ✭✭✭
    +1, I am experiencing this same issue.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Issue continues.  Can someone from Quicken please provide an update?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Moderator mod
    Hello @Everyone

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. Pardon the delay, but the XFinity biller is still at a degraded status. At this time we do not have an ETA as to when the biller will be up and running properly. We will continue to do updates (around once a week) on the status of this biller. We apologize for the frustration and inconvenience caused. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • ITVGuy2000
    ITVGuy2000 Member ✭✭✭
    It might be helpful for us to begin to complain to XFinity to resolve their issue.
  • mflieger
    mflieger Member ✭✭
    I just spend two hours chatting with Xfinity explaining this problem. They have the url for this discussion thread and have assured me that they will escalate on their end so that Quicken begins getting the cooperation they need from their eBiller to resolve this issue. We will see!
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you.
  • Terry Chisholm
    Terry Chisholm Member ✭✭
    I have also had the same problem. I even turned off quick pay and initiated check pay for this account. I am now receiving notifications from Xfinity for missed payment and recommendations that I setup access for them to withdraw from my bank account. Somone, please sit down with Comcast (Xfinity) and find out what can be accomplished to resolve this ongoing problem. I am almost on the brink of giving up good service for easy payment (Comcast to at&t).
  • carl spellman
    carl spellman Member ✭✭
    Like the others, the Xfinity bill shows "awaiting next bill". I do not use Quicken to pay the bill, but I want to be notified what the bill amount is and when.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Comcast linking and paying issues continue.  
  • Pudu
    Pudu Member
    Can’t pay Xfinity OR Aqua Pennsylvania using Quick Pay. Error says connection is lost. Customer Service says “working on it.”
  • Pudu
    Pudu Member
    It would be really quite helpful if Quicken 1) Advised all of their customer service reps of this issue. It took me 3 calls to find a rep to tell us there was an issue and 2) Post something on the Bills tab next to Xfinity and Aqua stating this is a known problem with Quick Pay and not just the standard message saying "Your bill has been successfully added.....try again" There is a msg if you float over the exclamation but it is not clear or obvious.
  • ITVGuy2000
    ITVGuy2000 Member ✭✭✭
    I agree with Pudu (above). Effective and clear communications goes a long way, and would likely save Quicken money.
  • ITVGuy2000
    ITVGuy2000 Member ✭✭✭
    BTW, still unable to get my xfinity bill with Quicken.
  • crsmobile1
    crsmobile1 Member ✭✭
    > @ITVGuy2000 said:
    > BTW, still unable to get my xfinity bill with Quicken.

Same Here.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Still unable to get or pay Xfinity bill with Quicken.  Worked all last year under end of November.  Hasn't worked since.