cc-506 and cc-800 errors failed transaction download

mtatwo
mtatwo Member ✭✭
I tried to reset the account, deactivate it from online services, still fails transaction download. I get either of the above errors on all accounts. what next?

thanks.

Comments

• mtatwo said:
    I tried to reset the account, deactivate it from online services, still fails transaction download. I get either of the above errors on all accounts. what next?

thanks.
    Hello mtatwo,

I know these kinds of transaction download problems can be frustrating. We are happy you reached out to us about this, in any case. What banking institution are you working with, and when did this issue begin?

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • mtatwo
    mtatwo Member ✭✭
    hello, Jarad,

happy holidays. I have not been able to download from either chase or webster bank since december 12.

thank you,

Mike
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @mtatwo,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article for error CC-506 and this support article for error CC-800.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • mtatwo
    mtatwo Member ✭✭
    ive tried deactivating the account, but cannot delete the fields after deactivating.
  • mtatwo
    mtatwo Member ✭✭
    edited January 4
    [Removed - Off Topic]
  • mtatwo
    mtatwo Member ✭✭
    good news and bad: resetting the account brought it back on line and able to sync transactions, no data loss, but I now have duplicate transactions dating back to october of 21. now I have to find and delete duplicates.

how can I prevent this from happening again?? this is not the first time I am having to delete duplicates due to resetting an account.

thanks.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7
    Hello @mtatwo

Thank you for your response. We are glad that you were able to sync your account(s) again. However, there is no way to "prevent" duplicates from occurring especially if it isn't during every download. If that is the case please let us know and we can take a further look into this issue. 

Hope this provides clarification. Let us know of any other questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • mtatwo
    mtatwo Member ✭✭
    thank you for your help. the duplicates occur when I cannot sync and download transactions. After I reset the account, I get duplicates. Why was the account needing to be reset? The issue occurs on different accounts, at different banks.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mtatwo

Thank you for the additional details. For the accounts that are being affected, could you please let us know what connection method you are using? Also, how are you resetting the accounts? Please provide step-by-step details so that we are able to obtain a better sense of the issue. 

Please elaborate further sot that we may move forward in diagnosing the issue at hand. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • mtatwo
    mtatwo Member ✭✭
    the problem has returned. up until loading quicken app updates, I was able to download bank transactions without issue. cc-506 error when trying to download bank transactions using express web connect. the issue returned after loading quicken app updates. quicken automatically loaded updates when I started the app. then, to fix, I reset the account by editing it from the account list page. that was successful, but now I have many random duplicates dating back to october 2021. 1) can I avoid having to search and delete duplicates by restoring from backup? 2) more importantly, how do I fix this for good so I never have to reset the account again?
  • mtatwo
    mtatwo Member ✭✭
    this issue is not resolved. I can reset the account and it will download transactions, but then I have many duplicates dating back to october 2021. If I restore from backup to avoid searching and deleting duplicates, I again get cc-506 and fails download. this is not the first time it has happened. quicken membership is due to renew soon. if this issue keeps happening, why would I renew?
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    @mtatwo,

Thank you for continuing to update this discussion. 

You can avoid duplicates by turning the auto-entry feature off. This means your transactions will no longer be automatically entered into your account registers. With auto-entry turned off, they will go into a box at the bottom of the register where you will need to review (accept/delete/match) them. 

To turn the auto-entry off, you will go to Tools>Account List>Edit (next to the account)>Online Services>Auto-Entry. Click on the auto-entry option and turn it off.

Thank you.

Quicken Alyssa

• mtatwo
    mtatwo Member ✭✭
    thank you! this is a viable work around. I was able to reset the account, then delete duplicates before they are added to the register. I would still like to know why the account failed to download transactions in the first place, and needs a reset to fix. does something get changed on quicken server? how can I prevent this issue from happening again? thanks for your help.
  • mtatwo
    mtatwo Member ✭✭
    so by resetting the account, then deleting the duplicate transactions before they are added to the register I fixed this issue temporarily. I am able to then download the next batch of transactions, no duplicates, but a day or so later, when I try again, I get cc-506 error. this is the 3rd or 4th time I
    reset the account to fix this issue. would it fix this issue by reinstalling the app?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    @mtatwo Thank you for following up again, though I apologize that you have not received a follow-up response yet and that you are still experiencing trouble.

First, could you please provide the name of the financial institution you are experiencing the errors with?

Next, I suggest that you save a backup (just in case), then try to deactivate all accounts for this financial institution, and force Quicken to "rediscover" all available accounts and see if this will help resolve it (permanently). Please, follow the instructions below in order to do so.
    1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
    4. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    5. When finished, close the Account List
    6. Navigate to File
    7. Validate and Repair File...
    8. Validate File
    9. Click OK
    10. Close the Data Log
    11. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs), then reopen Quicken
    12. Navigate to Tools > Add Account
    13. Walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    14. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • mtatwo
    mtatwo Member ✭✭
    hello, Anja,

the account is with webster bank. I tried to deactivate the account, but after clicking yes to confirmation to deactivate, I cannot clear the account fields, because they are greyed out, and do nothing.

thanks.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    @mtatwo,

Please go to File>Copy or Backup Quicken File>Create a copy or template>Save Copy>New Copy>Ok.

You will now be in a new copy of your file. Check to see if your accounts still show that they are connected. If they do, you will now be able to deactivate them. ALL accounts in your file will need to be reconnected.

Quicken Alyssa

This discussion has been closed.