Credit Score Can't update

The credit score window comes up with this message

Error - Internet Unavailable

Everything else works including downloading transactions

I have tried logging out of my quicken account and back in.
I have tried turning off firewall and Anti-virus.
I have tried rebooting.
I do not have a VPN
I connected to a different network.

None of the above have helped.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited January 5 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report this problem, though I apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused you and for the delay in my response.

I was able to test this issue myself and received the same result. I went ahead and submitted a bug report for this to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. We ask that you please navigate to Help > Report a Problem and add "Credit Score - Internet Unavailable Error" to the title/subject line to contribute to this investigation.

Unfortunately, we won't have an ETA on this, however, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future update release.

Thank you for your patience and for bringing awareness to this issue!
    -Quicken Anja

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Hello @AdamJay,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • I'm having the same issue for the last week when score was up for renewing. Credit Score will not update, "Error - Internet Unavailable". Installed latest patch and still having same issue. Have tried both "Validate" and "Super Validate" same problem. Quicken Premier Version R36.57 Build 27.1.36.57 Windows 10 Home.
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello @WeatherFX,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and for adding to this discussion to report your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and that the previous steps provided failed to resolve this issue for you.

Next, I recommend that you perform a clean uninstall/reinstall (this is different from simply uninstalling and reinstalling the program) which will clear out and replace the existing configuration files for Quicken (this does not affect any of your data and/or backup files).

To do so, please refer to this support article and scroll down to the section titled If the steps above do not resolve the issue. Then, open and follow the instructions found in the blue dropdown sections titled First: Download and use QCleanUI and Second: Rename Quicken Shared Folders.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • I still have the same error message "Error - Internet Unavailable" after clean install, running QCleanUI and renaming shared folders. Uninstalled, ran QCleanUi second time, searched and deleted all quicken and intuit files and folders. Clean install 2nd time. Still same error. Turned off firewall, same error, Connected with different network, same error. All other update functions work properly. Only Credit score update issue.
  • Follow-up. Did a clean install on another computer that never had Quicken. Copied date file to that computer. Same issue, "Error - Internet Unavailable" on Credit Score Update.
  • pkester
    pkester Member
    If you find a solution please post it. I am having the same issue. Credit score worked from Dec 2018 to June 2021 and then stopped once I upgraded to the subscription version of Quicken. Clean install, Super validation, multiple computers, logged in and out several times, blank data files, turned off and on firewall settings, etc, etc. Nothing. I was on with Tech Support for 2 hours and they said, "Huh, I'm not sure what the problem is. We tried everything I can think of."
  • Radar
    Radar Member ✭✭
    I also have the same issue. "Error - Internet Unavailable" I just renewed my subscription.
  • Radar
    Radar Member ✭✭
    > @WeatherFX said:
    > Follow-up. Did a clean install on another computer that never had Quicken. Copied date file to that computer. Same issue, "Error - Internet Unavailable" on Credit Score Update.

Has your problem been resolved yet. I was told Quicken was aware of the problem and I should call Equifax. Which I did, and was told that Quicken techs needed to call them not me.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited January 5 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report this problem, though I apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused you and for the delay in my response.

I was able to test this issue myself and received the same result. I went ahead and submitted a bug report for this to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. We ask that you please navigate to Help > Report a Problem and add "Credit Score - Internet Unavailable Error" to the title/subject line to contribute to this investigation.

Unfortunately, we won't have an ETA on this, however, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future update release.

Thank you for your patience and for bringing awareness to this issue!
    -Quicken Anja
  • hctech
    hctech Member
    I have a similar problem in that when I try to get an updated credit score, after logging in, I just get a pop-up window that says "Loading...Please wait, connecting to the server", but it never connects no matter how long. I've let it run for 30 minutes and it still never connects.
    You suggest navigating to "Help>Report a Problem" to help get Quicken motivated to fix this issue, however when I open Help there is no place to "Report a Problem".
    This issue started maybe a year ago but prior to that the function worked just fine. I'm running Quicken 2015 Deluxe on Windows 10, but it's obvious from the posts that my problem is far from unique.
  • WeatherFX
    WeatherFX Member
    New Update released. Quicken Premier Version R37.67 Build 27.1.37.67 Windows 10 Home. Credit Score still will not update, "Error - Internet Unavailable". Maybe the next patch...
  • NewMexiKen
    NewMexiKen Member
    Same issue for about past month, now version R37.67 (Jan, 2022). Will report problem
  • Diver42420
    Diver42420 Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem. Long time (since DOS) quicken user, on windows 10, latest subscription updates. It's still broken, please fix it or pro-rate our subscription for missing features. Thanks.
  • wselick
    wselick Member
    I am having the same problems, and will now have to pay someone else for this service which should already work.
  • dudemon2014
    dudemon2014 Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problems. Unable to access my Credit Score due to "internet unavailable error". Quicken please resolve this issue!!!! I am using Quicken Deluxe Version 37.67 Build 27.1.37.67 Windows 10.
  • ClayJ
    ClayJ Member
    Same problem since mid-December, Just did the "Report a Problem"
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    I've had the same problem for a long time. I just chalked it up to the fact that I had put a "LOCK" on my credit at Equifax. This is an assumption on my part. If I'm wrong in assuming this please let me know!
    Quicken Windows Deluxe Subscription R39.23
     Only function used is register function and reports. NO, other Quicken functions or Sync being used.  ;)
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    TTSguy said:
    I've had the same problem for a long time. I just chalked it up to the fact that I had put a "LOCK" on my credit at Equifax. This is an assumption on my part. If I'm wrong in assuming this please let me know!
    This assumption is correct.  You can't get your credit score if it is locked (I have my credit history locked for maybe 20 years).  From what I understand if you unlock it long enough for it to get setup, then you can lock again and it will continue to work, because that is now an established "connection", just as when you unlock to get a credit card, and then lock it again, and the credit card company can continue to access the credit history.  I haven't tested this last part; I have no real need to have it check my credit score.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    P.S.  I have also seen enough people have problems with this service not working at times, that I have never been tempted to get on that bandwagon.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • WeatherFX
    WeatherFX Member
    New Update released. Quicken Premier Version R38.29 Build 27.1.38.29 Windows 10 Home. Credit Score still will not update, "Error - Internet Unavailable". Let's go Quicken, how about the next patch...
  • chrisk1
    chrisk1 Member
    This is a code/connection issue. Quicken developers need to fix this. No "New Update" is going to fix this and no resetting your Quicken Profile is going to fix this. I was just on the phone with Quicken Level 2 support and they informed me that this is a known issue with no known solution or timeframe. Level 1 just does not have this information. It is making a call to
    https://services.quicken.com/creditscore/credit-report.

There is a rejection from the server that the call from your request is sending details to. The SyncLog records the following:

<!-- ***** RECV from https://services.quicken.com/creditscore/credit-report/refresh at 11:32:03 on 20220131 ***** -->
    {"errors":[{"title":"An internal problem has occurred while processing your request [RequestId = null]. Please try after some time.","httpStatus":500,"code":"QCS-0500","extData":{"exception":"RuntimeException: com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.exc.MismatchedInputException: Cannot construct instance of `com.quicken.creditscoreservice.creditscoreproviders.resources.Prefix` (although at least one Creator exists): no String-argument constructor/factory method to deserialize from String value ('WE HAVE REVIEWED THE LIEN INFORMATION CASE OR ID BK2091PG544 THE RESULTS ARE THIS LIEN IS CURRENTLY REPORTING AS RELEASED 08 2011 IF YOU HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS ITEM PLEASE CONTACT FULTON CO 185 CENTRAL AVE SW ATLANTA GA 30303 3519 PHONE 404 612 5344 PLEASE UPDATE THE STATUS IN THE CREDIT REPORT')\n at [Source: (StringReader); line: 1, column: 39992] (through reference chain: com.quicken.creditscoreservice.creditscoreproviders.resources.CreditReportDeliveryResponse[\"providerViews\"]->java.util.ArrayList[0]->com.quicken.creditscoreservice.creditscoreproviders.resources.CreditReportProviderViews[\"consumerStatements\"]->java.util.ArrayList[0]->com.quicken.creditscoreservice.creditscoreproviders.resources.ConsumerStatements[\"statement\"])"}}]}
  • miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    They have acknowledged the bug. It is just a low priority with the other problems they are having
  • miklk
    Credit Score seems to be working today so they "may" have fixed it.
  • chrisk1
    chrisk1 Member
    I tried and got the same results (did not work).
    Signed out of my account and signed back in.
    I noticed there is a difference of reading log files between Windows 10 and Windows 11.
    You cannot get to the log files in W11 but you can with W10.
    The only difference I see in the Windows 10 Synclog file from what I shared in the above thread is [Source: (StringReader); line: 1, column: 337972]. Above was [Source: (StringReader); line: 1, column: 39992]
  • miklk
    Talked to a programmer today who said they did work on it which is why mine is fixed. I pointed them to this thread but you may have something else going on since log file access seems wrong for you. No difference between Win 10 and Win 11 for me?

You may want to try a full clean install QCleanui with folder deletes and then reinstall. 

Either way, they are aware. 

• chrisk1
    chrisk1 Member
    Brand new Dell laptop with clean install on Windows 11 (release R38.29). Uninstalled and reinstalled. Same issue.

I was provided the current patch level from the support team for Windows 10 which brought me to the same patch level. Same problem.

Have you reviewed the log files I provided?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    chrisk1 said:
    Brand new Dell laptop with clean install on Windows 11 (release R38.29). Uninstalled and reinstalled. Same issue.

I was provided the current patch level from the support team for Windows 10 which brought me to the same patch level. Same problem.

Have you reviewed the log files I provided?

We're other users ... and we don't review anything nor can we help you with this. 
    You need to work with Q Support.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • AdamJay
    AdamJay Member
    Mine started working today after nearly 3 months of not working
  • miklk
    chrisk1 said:

Since a new computer, you should also check that Quicken file is not in a folder being backed up automatically. New computers are coming with the default documents folder automatically being Synced to One Drive which can cause several different problems to Quicken. 
  • chrisk1
    chrisk1 Member
    Seems like we are not addressing the problem. I have the same problems on 2 separate systems that are not linked in any way shape or form other than my Quicken account. I have Windows 10 and Windows 11 laptops. This has nothing to do with QW.exe locations nor the QData file. Q Support needs to review the log files I provided.
This discussion has been closed.