Quicken reverts to old data. How do I fix this?

I had Quicken 2017. A month ago I converted to Quicken Subscription. Almost every time I use Quicken, I have to restore from a backup. Even then, after I reenter a bunch of transactions, it flashes on the screen a few times and then deletes any entries I have made since the conversion- not to the backup date, all the way back to the conversion. I have had to reenter hundreds of transactions multiple times. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I have submitted my file online to Quicken, but they do not respond.
I have used Quicken for twenty plus years, and am so frustrated at this point I am looking for alternatives. Any suggestions for alternatives would be appreciated also.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Marshall H,

When you say you "submitted my file online to Quicken" was this in connection with you reaching out to Quicken Support (via phone or chat) or was this an automatic submission connected with a Quicken error or shutdown?  Have you actually spoken to anyone at Quicken about these problems?

Also, where does your Quicken datafile reside - is it located on your local hard drive, or do you use One Drive, Dropbox, or some other type of similar mode?

And when you first open up Quicken, do you receive any message or error code that tells you what happened that causes you to restore from a backup?

What you are experiencing, seems very unusual, in my view, so any additional information will help us to help you figure this all out.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription Ver. 34.24 - Windows 10-Home Version
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Yes that was in connection to reaching out to Quicken for support. When I click help and message them I have the option of attaching my file, which I did.

I use Quicken Deluxe Subscription from my local hard drive. I back up to an external hard drive.

There are no error messages. Even when this happens, the only indication is a few flashes of the screen, then it reverts back to my 29 Oct 2021 Quicken file which was the last time I used Quicken 2017. As part of the upgrade to Quicken subscription, Quicken 2017 was uninstalled.

I installed Quicken subscription to my Mom's computer and restored my backup file. The same thing happened on her computer. She had never had Quicken installed on her computer, so I am guessing it is something with my file. I didn't have problems before I converted to Quicken Deluxe Subscription, so I am guessing it is something in the conversion.

I am finding that I can open Quicken and restore my backup file and that works well. But I have to back it up before it blanks out again. When it does, I just reopen Quicken, restore my most current backup, and reenter everything from that point.

I have asked a couple other people that use Quicken and they have gone through everything with me and they don't understand either. One big question for me is why does it blank out, then revert to my 29 Oct 2021 data, if I restored it from a 05 Dec 2021 backup?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    HI again @Marshall H

That is strange behavior, and I believe that is is directly connected with your move to the subscription version.

Please take a look at the guidance located at this LINK, and follow the steps for the your version (Windows).  Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription Ver. 34.24 - Windows 10-Home Version
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.