DirectConnect Support with Truist

In years past, banks would kindly communicate Quicken changes. WIth Truist, I got nothing. I had to discover, like some of you, that DirectConnect support just stopped working recently. From some of the other threads, I deactivated, and reactivated with ExpressWebConnect, those same accounts from SunTrust to Truist. Some balance issues remained and were easily fixed in an hour. Good to know I can at least download via ExpressWebConnect. Now regarding DirectConnect - here's the data from Truist as of this morning and my question is - are we on track to deliver?

"Clients who use Fintech such as Plaid, Yodlee, Finicity​, Intuit (Mint, Quicken-QuickBooks Online) may stop receiving downloaded transactions. Truist has implemented the necessary code to allow downloads from 3rd party aggregators, however it is now dependent on the aggregators to test and implement changes needed to continue downloads.

We understand the importance of having the ability to link your accounts with other financial applications, Truist is still working to make this available for our clients. We expect this function to be available toward the end of February. So, at this time you may contact Quicken directly to assist you with the troubleshooting. I do apologize for any inconvenience."

Answers

• Hello @Roger Snook, 

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. Your feedback and insight(s) are very much appreciated. Until Direct Connect is implemented by Truist there is not much that can be done on our end. However, if you do come across any errors (in regards to Express-Web connect) or have any questions/concerns please let us know. 

Thanks again!

-Quicken Paloma
  • Roger Snook
    Roger Snook Member ✭✭
    For clarification, now that the OL errors have been fixed per https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20226330#Comment_20226330 - I went back to SunTrust as Truist also doesn't yet support sending payments (not sure if that's a DirectConnect feature or not). Glad to have it working again!
  • REJones
    REJones Member ✭✭
    My thanks to the Quicken support wizards! With today's OL fix, I can once again do routine bill pay uploads and register downloads with my SunTrust Advantage checking acct accessing Quicken via Direct Connect. That said, it's not clear whether Truist will give Advantage~Dimension checking account holders any grandfathered access to Quicken (web connect or direct connect) when the full changeover occurs in February 2022. This could become a big deal issue for SunTrust customers who use Quicken.
  • JohnA
    JohnA Member ✭✭✭
    For clarification, now that the OL errors have been fixed per https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20226330#Comment_20226330 - I went back to SunTrust as Truist also doesn't yet support sending payments (not sure if that's a DirectConnect feature or not). Glad to have it working again!
    Yes, PC banking with Billpay is a DirectConnect feature on Quicken.  I had been told a while ago by Truist that their intention was to have the same capability in the future for Truist that Suntrust has.  So, like you, I have upgraded my phone app to Truist but Quicken remains with Suntrust.  I hope they get the full features with Truist before they pull the plug on Suntrust which is inevitable.
This discussion has been closed.