Pentagon Federal Credit Union not downloading bills.

This is been going on  for a while. I've reset my penfed accounts many times, removed and re-added the online biller. I see this in the Clould Services log;

################### Thursday, December 23, 2021, 11:48:56 #####################
INFO:Response :{"id":"306085215141747200","createdAt":"2021-12-23T14:03:25Z","modifiedAt":"2021-12-23T14:57:17Z","providerUserID":"xxxxx","providerBillerID":"xxxxx","providerBillerLoginID":"xxxx","billerID":"xxxx","name":"PenFed","accountType":"BANK","refreshStatus":"PENDING","notice":"We're working on linking PenFed. We'll let you know if we need anything else.",

Anyone know how to fix this, or is this being looked at by quicken support?

Thanks

Comments

• hansenb40
    hansenb40 Windows Beta Beta
    edited December 2021
    [Removed - Duplicate/Off Topic]

Moderator Note: Original comment has been responded to and split into a separate post.
  • hansenb40
    edited December 2021
    I don't understand why my follow up comment was removed as duplicate/off topic, it was additional information about other institutions that I'm having the same issue with   . Please explain this statement? Moderator Note: Original comment has been responded to and split into a separate post. Which original comment and which post? If you're referring to the Penfed Download transaction thread, that's a different issue. This is about online billers not downloading bills.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited December 2021
    hansenb40 said:
    I don't understand why my follow up comment was removed as duplicate/off topic, it was additional information about other institutions that I'm having the same issue with   . Please explain this statement? Moderator Note: Original comment has been responded to and split into a separate post. Which original comment and which post? If you're referring to the Penfed Download transaction thread, that's a different issue. This is about online billers not downloading bills.

The comment was a duplicate of another comment you posted previously that was split into a separate post of its own which can be found here.

We ask that you please keep issues with different financial institutions separate and in separate posts as the cause behind each issue may be different and would need to be addressed separately. This also helps keep the Community organized so other users who may be experiencing the same issue with the same financial institution can add to the correct post.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
  • @hansenb40,

Thank you for linking me over here. 

When you say they are not downloading bills, are you referring to bank bill pay bills that you access through "direct connect" in Quicken? 

I know that I have taken you through some changes recently regarding your file migration and PFCU specifically. Can you please check to verify that you are in fact on "direct connect"?

You can check this by clicking on any one of your accounts from the list on the left, and looking at the top of the account register right under the account name. There it should display the last successful download timestamp and the connection method. If for some reason you can't see it there you can go to Tools>Account List. To the left of each account, it should say Direct Connect, or Express Web Connect, or Improve Connection. 

Let me know what you find and we will go from there, thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• hansenb40
    Express Web Connect. I'm referring to online bills that are listed on the bills & income tab.

I do not see a last download date below the account name in the check register. In the account list all my accounts show not available. I have over 10 accounts that download bills just fine. Just PenFed (and my Visions Federal Credit Union account) are not downloading bills.
  • davem1943
    davem1943 Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue with Penfed.. Haven't been able to update the bill in months.. Mine is via Express Web Connect, I don't think Penfed supports Direct Connect.. All mine says in Bills and income is Waiting for the next bill.. I have removed and added the biller back with no help..
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    edited December 2021
    @hansenb40,

Thank you for providing me with the requested information. 

I took a deeper look and it appears as far as your online billers are concerned, you do have a few with issues. 

Capital One does not allow customers to use Quicken's Bill Manager feature to pay through Quicken. This being the case, you can remove that biller from the list. We currently have no indication that this will be changing anytime soon. 

The PFCU biller is showing as "degraded", meaning there are known issues with it and it is currently not working. 

Chase is showing as "locked". You may already know that we have an Open Alert for this biller. If you have not seen that alert yet, you can use the provided link to get to it. From there you can bookmark it to stay up to date on the status.

The VFCU biller shows as "healthy", however it appears that the only thing it is capable of doing at this time is showing you your next amount due. Payments to this biller are showing complications and they do not offer PDF statements. 

AT&T as a biller is showing an "outage" currently, but also shows that it is currently "healthy". I tried refreshing the biller from my end, but it made now change. You can refresh it from your end as well and let me know what you see from your end. 

I went ahead and reported the issues with PFCU and VFCU. you can do this from your end as well by going to Help>Report a problem from within your software. When doing this, always provide a description of the issue and leave log files attached. This way the development team can asses what is causing the issue.

Do let me know when you have submitted the report from your end and I will escalate the PFCU biller issue on your behalf. 

Thank you.

Quicken Alyssa

• Quicken Alyssa
    edited December 2021
    @davem1943,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and add to this discussion, though I apologize that you too are experiencing this issue with your PFCU biller. 

As I directed the OP above, can I have you go to Help>Report a problem from within your software? When doing this, always provide a description of the issue and leave log files attached. You can then submit the report to Quicken.

Do let me know when you have submitted the report from your end and I will escalate the PFCU biller issue on your behalf as well. 

- When I was looking at your profile, I noticed that the migration of your data file over to the new servers has failed. To have this resolved you will need to contact Quicken Support for an escalation. they will gather the necessary information and your migration should be complete within 72 hours. 

I do apologize that I am unable to correct this for you from my end, but our phone agents are more than capable of helping you through this process. 

Thank you.

Quicken Alyssa

• hansenb40
    @Quicken Alyssa Thanks for following up. I reported the issue a few days ago.

I have no interest in using Quickens Bill Manager to pay bills. Seems way too unstable for that. I just want to see my outstanding bills, the amount due and the date it's due.

After updating bills AT&T shows waiting for next bill. That may be ok since I just paid it.

For the visions account I don't see an amount due. This is the thread for the Visions issue: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20227349#Comment_20227349

• @hansenb40,

I will escalate the issues with PFCU and VFCU tomorrow during regular business hours and let you know if there is anything else that I need from you. 

Thank you for your patience and participation.

Quicken Alyssa

• @hansenb40,

These issues have been reported internally through our bill service provider. Unfortunately, I am not given more information than that and therefore have no ETA as to when this will be resolved. 

Try refreshing the biller information for these billers periodically to see if it has been resolved. 

Thank you for reporting this issue so we can try to get it resolved. Do let us know if there is anything else we can help you with or if anything changes with these billers. 

Quicken Alyssa

• @davem1943,

I reported these issues on your behalf as well. 

I am still seeing the failed migration status though, so you still need to call us to get that resolved, please. 

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• Jim Bailey
    Jim Bailey Member ✭✭
    I have a PenFed Credit Union credit card account in my Bill Manager. When I try to refresh the bill or make a payment through Bill Manager, I get an error message that the bill has been successfully added but the next due amount is not available. The option to use QuickPay is not available, only Checkpay. I've had this problem for the past few days. I've deleted and re-added the payee in Bill Manager but that doesn't help. Earlier I had the same problem downloading transactions on a OSU for PFCU that many others have had, but that seems to have been fixed. This Bill Manager problem seems to have arisen at the same time as the OSU problem.

Any suggestions for a fix?
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello @Jim Bailey,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest you try to Review and Repair Online billers first. However, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). After that, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click on the gear icon on the top-right. Then, click on Review and Repair > Review and Repair Online Billers in the dropdown menu.

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Jim Bailey
    Jim Bailey Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your response. I did the review and repair and got the message shown in the screenshot. I ended up with a biller not linked to anything. So I tried to link it to my existing online account, and got the message shown in the second screenshot. So I'm back where I started and the problem is not fixed. Please let me know what I should do.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thanks for the update and for providing additional information.

Since validating has failed to resolve this issue for you; have you tried removing and re-adding the online biller? To remove the bill; in the Bills & Income tab, please navigate to the Settings gear icon on the top-right, and select Manage Online billers. From there, in the Actions column, click on the downward arrow next to Edit Password and click Remove (see example below).

Once the biller has been removed, go ahead and try to re-add it and see if the issue still continues to persist.
    -Quicken Anja
  • Jim Bailey
    Jim Bailey Member ✭✭
    Thanks for getting back to me. I have removed and re-added the biller several times, both before and after I did the re-validation. That does not fix the problem.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    @Jim Bailey,

Thank you for the update. 

It appears that the PFCU biller is showing as degraded through our service provider. This means that there are known issues with this biller currently. 

Please go to Help>Report a problem from within your software and send log files over to Quicken. I will then go ahead and report this issue internally on your behalf. Watch your email for any correspondence from our escalations team as they may reach out if they have any further questions. 

I have also addressed this issue recently in another thread, so I will be merging the two together.

Thank you.

Quicken Alyssa

• Quicken Alyssa
    @Jim Bailey

As I was gathering information to process your escalation, I noticed something else we need to address.

Your data file has not yet been migrated over to the new server. All users have been getting migrated over progressively and I am curious why yours has not been migrated yet. 

Is your file stored locally on your PC, or is it on a cloud or external/secondary drive? The best location for your data file is This PC>C:>Users>your user name>Documents>Quicken. If your file is not in this location it could be preventing it from migrating. Please move it to that location if it is not there already. 

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• Jim Bailey
    Jim Bailey Member ✭✭
    Thanks for getting back to me. I reported the problem as you suggested in your first comment, including the log files. Regarding your second comment, I wasn't aware of any migration of data files. My data file is stored on my C: drive, but it was not stored in Documents, so that may have been a problem. I have since moved the data file to C:\Users\[my name]\Documents\Quicken as you suggest. What is data file migration, and what does it do?
  • Quicken Alyssa
    @Jim Bailey,

The files migration is nothing to be concerned over. Everyone (banks, financial software, customers, etc.) is switching from the existing FDS server to a new FDP server.

You should not notice any difference at all, and your file should migrate on its own. Just wanted to make sure there was nothing preventing that from happening for you.

Thank you for sending over your log files, and I did report your biller issue for escalation as well. 

Quicken Alyssa

• hansenb40
    @Jim Bailey,

The files migration is nothing to be concerned over. Everyone (banks, financial software, customers, etc.) is switching from the existing FDS server to a new FDP server.

You should not notice any difference at all, and your file should migrate on its own. Just wanted to make sure there was nothing preventing that from happening for you.

Thank you for sending over your log files, and I did report your biller issue for escalation as well. 

Quicken Alyssa

@Quicke Alyssa It absolutely is something to be concerned over. You're migrating your servers, they are failing and you apparently don't know a customers migration failed. The only way it gets fixed is if a person loses functionality and calls Quicken support.

You migration procedure is broke. Your tooling apparently is not verifying that migrations competed successfully. The result is you are creating a whole bunch of unhappy customers who are starting (or already have lost) to lose faith in the quality of your product. Whoever is over seeing this migration needs to stop and come up with a mitigation plan to fix any customers files that failed migration. Please be a bit more proactive.

Requiring the quicken data file to be in a specific folder is nuts, its just a path on the local system. This can't possibly be true. I ran quicken for many years on my f: drive. Never had this many problems.