missing Schwab data

When I updated my Schwab acces per your instructions, I had to first delete Schwab account then add them back. They added back only the last 2 months of history and none of the previous ywears data even though that is still in Schwab. How can I get it back into Quicken? And now Quicken is not updating Schwab data again. Help

Answers

• wcrupp1 said:
    When I updated my Schwab acces per your instructions, I had to first delete Schwab account then add them back. They added back only the last 2 months of history and none of the previous ywears data even though that is still in Schwab. How can I get it back into Quicken? And now Quicken is not updating Schwab data again. Help
    Hello wcrupp1,

I know that these kinds of download issues are especially frustrating. Are you using Quicken Windows or Quicken Mac?

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • wcrupp1
    wcrupp1 Member
    Quicken Windows
  • I can't download schwab still. What is the solution? Sounds like this has been going on for a while and I DO NOT want to lose a bunch of data as reported in this thread
  • BillArch
    BillArch Member
    Everything worked fine mid-month, then downloads got glitchy again. Downloaded latest update this morning. Still not getting data from all my accounts. This is really getting old.
  • kevincurtin9
    kevincurtin9 Member ✭✭
    Yep downloaded 37.64 today and schwab bank balances and transactions still not downloading. This has been a nightmare for weeks
  • Larry12604
    Larry12604 Member
    I am on Windows with a subscription and Schwab downloads are mostly working but I'm having issues that three of my muni bonds are not downloading, so I'm getting Securities Comparison Mismatch and those three bond prices are not updating. I tried the trick of disconnecting them from online security but, since they're not downloading, I don't get requests to reconnect.
  • Tim Avery
    Tim Avery Member ✭✭
    I got this to work. See solution below. I just realized that despite One Step Update looking like it was working, I hadn't actually downloaded any new transactions to any of my four Schwab accounts since mid-November.

Here's what I did:

1. Go to the Account List
    2. Click Edit on the first account
    3. Go to the Online Services tab.
    4. Click Deactivate. It took about 15 seconds to actually work.
    5. Switch to the General tab.
    6. Clear out the "Financial Institution" and "Account Number" fields.
    7. Click OK.
    8. Repeat steps 2-7 for all of my Schwab accounts.
    9. Close the account list.
    10. Open the account register for one of the accounts.
    11. Click on "Download Transactions" at the bottom of the register. This revealed a button called "Set up Download". Click that.
    12. I entered "Schwab" on the screen where you select financial institution. It came up with several matches. I chose the generic "Charles Schwab & Co., Inc."
    13. Go through the login process with Schwab.
    14. Agree to some lengthy legal screen about allowing Quicken access to your data by checking the box.
    15. Next I was shown a list of accounts that I wanted to provide access. I clicked all four. (It also had an option to allow future accounts. I probably should have checked that, but at this point it doesn't really matter.)
    16. Finally I got a "return to quicken" option.
    17. Now Quicken gives me the option of creating four new accounts. For each one, I chose the option to "Link to existing account", making sure to match them all up correctly.

That's basically it. It downloaded all of my missed transactions since November. If you've been missing data for longer, the online history may not go back far enough, meaning you'd have to fill in the gaps manually.

Good luck!
  • JOHN D L
    JOHN D L Member ✭✭
    RE: Schwab issues (Windows): Now that I've installed all of the patches and updates, what steps do I need to take to get the downloads to work properly? e.g. deactivate/reactivate, etc. Thank you
  • synchro9898
    synchro9898 Member ✭✭
    @Tim Avery

I got to your step 15, but there is no account listed, even though I have 7 accounts with Schwab. Anyone else has my problem?

> @Tim Avery said:
    > I got this to work. See solution below. I just realized that despite One Step Update looking like it was working, I hadn't actually downloaded any new transactions to any of my four Schwab accounts since mid-November.
    >
    > Here's what I did:
    >
    > 1. Go to the Account List

> 12. I entered "Schwab" on the screen where you select financial institution. It came up with several matches. I chose the generic "Charles Schwab & Co., Inc."
    > 13. Go through the login process with Schwab.
    > 14. Agree to some lengthy legal screen about allowing Quicken access to your data by checking the box.
    > 15. Next I was shown a list of accounts that I wanted to provide access. I clicked all four. (It also had an option to allow future accounts. I probably should have checked that, but at this point it doesn't really matter.)
  • synchro9898
    synchro9898 Member ✭✭
    And I still don't know if the lack of a list of accounts in Step 15 is Quicken's problem or Schwab's problem.
  • mjpcpa12
    mjpcpa12 Member
    I have read everything I could find, even though search returns a lot of stuff which is not relevant. We use Quicken for our personal and client accounts. We worked through Thanksgiving Christmas and New Year’s trying to untangle the mess that was made for many, only to have it overwritten by the partial, inaccurate downloads we get from Quicken. Our year end planning had to be done with estimates where we could not get data.
    We spent a whole lot of time rebooting when Quicken locked up our computers.
    We get the message “down loading 932 days.“ OK, thanks for overwriting our 1997 data. In several accounts we get only pre-November data, plus one day in December. Sales and option trades are missing from the data we do get. Schwab does not have the basis information in situations where the basis is not cost or when the broker is using a different method for pre-2012 data.

That is why we rely on Quicken. HERE COMES TAX SEASON!
    Is there a fix or not?
    I wonder if the problem is at Quicken or at Schwab?
    We need to decide pretty quickly whether to change brokers or software and how to absorb the cost of verifying huge databases.

It would be wonderful if Quicken would give us hash totals, especially on number of shares. It would be much easier to reconcile if we knew that current holdings were correct.
  • abonomo
    abonomo Member
    I am in the same boat. Why isn't Quicken support responding here?
  • RicoH
    RicoH Member ✭✭
    edited January 22
    I am experiencing the same frustration with the same problems. [Removed - Unhelpful]
  • I followed Tim's well-described process from Jan 1 and am still not getting updated transactions. I am using the latest patch (37.66) and am getting no error messages at this point. Just no data. Very frustrating.
  • Foxbat25
    Foxbat25 Member
    edited January 22
    Similar problems to those described. I got things working normally in mid-December using the deactivate/reactivate process and seemed to be fine for a period of time. Downloads are now back to the former condition of showing they are being downloaded, nothing there, download Schwab alone from any active Schwab account and after one or two tries it then downloads.

The Quicken CEO sent out an apology letter earlier. The problem has not been fixed and no explanation or resolution. [Removed - Unhelpful]
  • dpd
    dpd Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 22
    Ditto the same problem as stated earlier & above. I'm also on R37.66 and the Schwab accounts do not download when I do a "One Step Update" BUT they do download when I do an update from the "gear" menu in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. Why?

[Removed - Rant]
  • Dick Dailey
    Dick Dailey Member ✭✭
    Same problem. Tech Support told me to download from the gear on the account holding down ctrl-shift while clicking on Download Transactions. I get a prompt: "Also re-download earlier transactions?" I click on "Yes" and get the missing transactions. Unfortunate, but at least it works.
  • dpd
    dpd Member ✭✭✭
    Re Mike360IM's question, when I do the "gear" solution on one Schwab acct, it downloads to all my Schwab accounts.
  • GregHT
    GregHT Member ✭✭
    edited January 22
    > @Paula Miceli said:
    > > @Foxbat25 said:
    > > Similar problems to those described. I got things working normally in mid-December using the deactivate/reactivate process and seemed to be fine for a period of time. Downloads are now back to the former condition of showing they are being downloaded, nothing there, download Schwab alone from any active Schwab account and after one or two tries it then downloads.
    > >
    > > The Quicken CEO sent out an apology letter earlier. The problem has not been fixed and no explanation or resolution. [Removed - Unhelpful]

> @Foxbat25 I’m glad to hear that the CEO is aware and involved. Can you tell me how you received the letter? Was it via email?
  • GregHT
    GregHT Member ✭✭
    Sorry - previous message left off comment: Internet search turned up the following re CEO apology letter: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7902891/quicken-schwab-connectivity-changes-apology-from-quicken-ceo. Like Paula, I never received any such communication.
  • Steve95424
    Steve95424 Member ✭✭
    Still not working... One of the earlier Quicken updates removed the Downloaded Transactions tab from my Schwab accounts, so the only way to set up downloads is via the Accounts window and click the Add Account button. I went through the extra step today of deleting the "Financial Institution" and "Account Number" fields per Tim's list of steps - I hadn't done that previously. I then relinked all 8 of my Schwab accounts, but I still don't get any downloaded transactions.

Perhaps if Quicken engineers would restore the Downloaded Transactions tab on these accounts, that would be a start?
  • R2D2
    R2D2 Member ✭✭
    Downloads now working but my cost data is missing. Since only 90 days of transactions is download I would need to copy over my other 20 years worth of transactions. I can export cost data from Schwab but that would probably gets mixed up with "buy" / cost transactions from the past 20 years. “All the kings horses and all the king's men cannot put humpty dumbly together again!”
  • Foxbat25
    Foxbat25 Member
    edited January 22
    Still experiencing the same problem of One Step download handling all but Schwab accounts without an exception notice for Schwab accounts. If I use the "gear" function from any one Schwab account and select "Update Transactions" then, most times, it will download the select account and other Schwab accounts as well. Most times, but not all times. Sometimes it takes multiple "Update Transactions" attempts to get it to download.

[Removed - Off Topic/Disruptive]
  • dpd
    dpd Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 22
    [Removed - Disruptive]