RBC Bank - Sync not working, Cannot deactivate or delete

rkmorris
rkmorris Member ✭✭
Hi,

I had discussed this with Tech Support (for several hours), but no real answer - so let me try here, see if anyone has had any luck.

I can connect to RBC Bank, see my accounts ... but it's almost like during activation things don't get set up correctly - as the accounts never sync / update after that, and I cannot delete or deactivate them. So they seem to be in some sort of middle / messed up state.

Anyone else see this, any any luck with a fix?

Thanks!

Answers

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Moderator mod
    Hello @rkmorris, I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue and that contacting tech support did not resolve it. When you try and deactivate or delete the account, what exactly happens? Does it just not go through?
    If that is the case, my recommendation would be to validate and repair, then create a copy of your file. This automatically deactivates your accounts. Here are the instructions for that

Always make a backup before performing complex procedures. This ensures that you have a "fallback" file you can use to get back to where you were when you started.

1. Go to File > Copy or Backup File and select Create a copy or template (do not choose Year End Copy for this procedure).
      • Please note, a file copy is disconnected from online services, such as transaction download. Online services would need to be reconnected if you wish to use them in the file copy.
    2. Leave all the settings, including file name and checkboxes, at their default (change nothing on this screen). Simply click Save Copy. 
    3. After the Copy is complete, choose to Open New Copy.
    4. In the New Copy, go to File > Validate and Repair File and select the Validate file option. This is to ensure there are no lingering issues with the data in this file.
    I hope this helps! :smile:
    - Jade Quicken

• rkmorris
    rkmorris Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the quick reply! What happens is ... nothing :lol:. It just goes back to the same screen - no errors, just nothing happens. That's why I think the account is not set up quite right.

Yes, we have tried - validate, super-validate, reset, even different versions of Quicken (patch down, up, etc.). Full uninstall, reinstall. Unfortunately none of these work.

The New Copy does work - I should have mentioned that, sorry. But I admit, not really seeing that as a "fix". I say that because then I need to re-set up ALL accounts (i.e. they are all disconnected). But then, if I try to use RBC Bank again ... the exact same issue. Or - is there a recent fix expected (i.e. v37.62)?

Thanks again.
  • Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Moderator mod
    edited December 2021
    Hi @rkmorris, unfortunately if a new copy does work, that signifies that your issue is data file specific likely due to file damage and therefore something that could not be fixed in an update or patch. I completely understand how having to set up all your accounts again would be a hassle and I wish I had an easier solution however at this time that would be my recommendation. 
    - Quicken Jade
  • rkmorris
    rkmorris Member ✭✭
    Understand - NP! But ... I have done this once already, and when I re-added those accounts back in, the same cycle. So perhaps a dumb question, but - why would this be any different if I do the same thing again? I don't mind, but would rather not just run the same cycle.

Or - after the new copy => remove those RBC accounts (fully), validate + super-validate, and try to re-add?

Thanks!
  • rkmorris
    rkmorris Member ✭✭
    Hi,

OK, created a new copy, deleted the messed up accounts (no issue on the copy) - but then went to re-add them, but RBC is now missing from the supported Financial Institutions list?

Thanks.
  • rkmorris
    rkmorris Member ✭✭
    FYI, installed v37.66 today - RBC Bank is back (a good thing!), but ... still the same issue, it's not syncing properly. Any thoughts / suggestions?

Thanks!
  • rkmorris
    rkmorris Member ✭✭
    FYI, still not syncing - it says it does, no errors (even says accounts updated) ... but no transactions show up. Is this a known issue?

Thanks.