Check Writing Printing Issue

Just recently, the first line of the checks that I write from Quicken are very faint and almost unreadable. The rest of the check prints just fine. This started happening about a month or two ago and i though it was my printer Epson (WF-7620) but everything else prints just fine. The first line has the Payee and the amount numbers. I have checked everything about check writing and can't find why only the first line prints so faintly, Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Comments

• garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just a suggestion...and I don't know if this will fix your issue...but try using a different font style for printing checks.  You might also want to use the BOLD option and see if that helps.

Of course, print some samples on plain white paper to test.  
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first line printed on every Quicken-compatible check style always is the date. Payee Name and numeric amount appear on the second line.
    If you're having a problem after the printer has been powered up and idle for several hours and the first thing you print is a check, I suspect clogged printer nozzles that clear themselves after the first few print head movements. It may be necessary to have the printer serviced, to clear the area where the print head rests from ink residue.
This discussion has been closed.