Register not updating immediately

I just downloaded the latest update. Now, for some reason, when I put in an entry into my check register it seems to "disappear" from the register after I hit enter. The balance in the register doesn't get updated - yet the balance in my listing of accounts on the left DOES get updated. It's almost like the latest entry gets lost or something in the register. If I reenter the transactions, it then shows up twice (the original and duplicate).

Comments

• kevincurtin9
    kevincurtin9 Member ✭✭
    same thing happened to me
  • What's funny is if I sort by "amount", I find the transaction. When I go back to my usual sort by "date", the transaction then appears correctly. It's like the transaction gets lost in the register or something. VERY annoying.
  • cdennett
    cdennett Member ✭✭✭
    They messed up the 37.64 update and have stopped it. Check other discussions for more details and how to reinstall the previous version 37.62.
  • jldavid47
    jldavid47 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    > @UKR said:
    > Please read and mark to follow updates to https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7904926/new-12-31-21-new-entries-not-registering-with-version-release-r37-64#latest

Yes, and when I opened Quicken and downloaded the patch and tried to execute it I got this error. Once again Quicken fails to properly test something before they release it.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

In case of Patch installation error "Server file failed to load … Index and length …"

please follow instructions here:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/patch-error-unable-check-updates-server-file-failed-load
    If the error message is about a file named "wyserver.wys", the problem is the Windows User Account name. If your Windows User files are located in a folder named, for example,
    "C:\Users\John Doe\..." (with a blank space between John and Doe)
    you need to create a new Windows User Account with Admin privileges and a name that does not contain a blank space, e.g., "John". Use the new account to install or update Quicken. Afterwards return to using your regular Windows User Account for running Quicken and doing all other work, as usual.

If the user name is not the cause, try to enable and use the hidden Administrator account.
    See https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/enable-the-hidden-administrator-account-on-windows-vista/ how to do that. Supposed to work in all Windows versions.

At your next migration to a new Windows version I recommend changing the username to remove the blank space. It's a holdover from old Windows versions using the obsolete "Documents and Settings" folder structure.

• j.a.fauske
    j.a.fauske Member
    The Quicken maintenance programmers have demonstrated often enough that they are unable to work within the Microsoft Windows requirements and expect us simple users to jump through complex hoops to work around their deficiencies.
    My pointer (and its focus) still jumps to the 0,0 coordinates (top left corner of the screen) and the error has been on their "to be fixed" list for years!
    To avoid learning how to fix that, they "suggest" I switch off the "jump to" setting for my mouse.
    Sure, lots more muscle work to cause medical problems for me (us!) to aggravate Carpal tunnel syndrome. Thanks!
    Disappointed.
  • jldavid47
    jldavid47 Member ✭✭✭
    > @UKR said:

> If the error message is about a file named "wyserver.wys", the
    > problem is the Windows User Account name. If your Windows User files are
    > located in a folder named, for example,
    >
    > "C:\Users\John Doe\..." (with a blank space between John and Doe)
    >
    > you need to create a new Windows User Account with Admin privileges and a name
    > that does not contain a blank space, e.g., "John". Use the new
    > account to install or update Quicken. Afterwards return to using your regular
    > Windows User Account for running Quicken and doing all other work, as usual.
    >
    What a load of crap. No, Quicken needs to account for the fact that Windows user accounts can have blanks in them. I've programmed for Windows and been able to accommodate for this. It isn't difficult. Are you telling me that Quicken's programmers are too lazy or stupid to account for blanks in user names? This workaround is just absurd. I'll wait for a real point release and live with the issue until then.

> At your next migration to a new Windows version I recommend changing the username to remove the
    > blank space. It's a holdover from old Windows versions using the obsolete "Documents and Settings"
    > folder structure.

I recommend y'all learn how to program.
This discussion has been closed.