FAILURE, NOT Resolved 12/31/21 New Entries Not Registering with Version Release R37.64

Your [QW27.1.37.65MPatch.EXE] patch file is also a failure!
[Removed-Disruptive]

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    More details, please. Why is "Your [QW27.1.37.65MPatch.EXE] patch file is also a failure!"?

• j.a.fauske
    j.a.fauske Member
    Yes I did have the same problem as your link details.
    My user account meets the "Requirements" Microsoft has for accounts.
    Your patch file apparently does NOT. The file was run from [C:\Temp].
    I do NOT plan on creating an entire account to work around your inabilities to follow the requirements.
    Screenshot provided.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't just run the patch from C:\Temp, you need to set the TEMP & TMP paths to C:\Temp.

1. Open a DOS command prompt as administrator
    2. Create a dummy/temp directory without a space or use an existing one (e.g. C:\temp)
    3. Redefine the TEMP path (I have two so I temporarily set both although I assume only one is used by Quicken - didn't bother checking which one but it's temporary anyway and goes away once I close the DOS prompt):

SET TEMP=c:\temp
    SET TMP=c:\temp

4. Invoke the QW27.1.37.65MPatch.EXE patch at the same DOS Command prompt (it completed successfully)
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently presented release is R37.62. I would stick with that release for now.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • IslerJ
    IslerJ Member
    I have 2 comments about running a DOS prompt to run the patch:
    1.) A typical Quicken user does not know how to do this.
    2.) I followed the instructions above. The patch silently fails to run. I am running Windows 10 Pro. The event log (screenshot included) shows the patch program fails to run on a file not found exception. This happened before and after I changed the TMP and TEMP system variables to point to c:\temp.

I never needed to join the Quicken community until this R37.64 came out. I am appalled that software can be released without sufficient regression testing to make sure that fundamental program features continue to work.

What I don't know how to do is: How do I unwind this release and return to the previous version of Quicken???