Unable to Open Bills & Income

Answers

• rabangs
    rabangs Member ✭✭
    I need to leave quicken up in order to use manage bills and income reminders which is not how it should work. I shut down my internet connection to reduce any security issues.
  • sherrypow
    sherrypow Member ✭✭
    This is becoming slightly frustrating. I am quite surprised that no one from Quicken has answered any of us. Sure, we can validate each time we open Quicken, but that takes a little extra time and I would imagine space on our devices (not technical so not sure about that part). It's time for someone at Quicken to acknowledge us.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    Hello @rabangs,

Thank you for adding to this Community discussion, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

The issue with the Bills & Income tab has been resolved for most by updating to the latest version. It is also being resolved for some by validating their data files.

Have you tried either of these options? If so, what happens currently when you try to open your Bills & Income tab?

Looking forward to hearing your response, thanks!

Quicken Alyssa

• rabangs
    rabangs Member ✭✭
    I am at 37.67 and I am windows 10 and I find I have to validate every time I exit quicken and come back when I try to use manage bill and income reminders. Also the Capital One 360 issue still exists.
  • sherrypow
    sherrypow Member ✭✭
    The issue has not been resolved for me either. I am on version 37.67, Windows 11. Below is what comes back when I validate. I went in and removed all my bills/deposits and readded them only to find the same issue. Any additional guidance would be appreciated.

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    Quicken found a damaged scheduled reminder and removed it. Please check your scheduled reminders by going to Tools>Manage Bills and Income Reminders.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.

[Fri Jan 21 08:56:43 2022]
    12 damaged scheduled transactions deleted
    No out-of-range security references found.

Validation has completed.
  • eeh0615
    eeh0615 Member ✭✭
    This issue hasn't been resolved for me either, I have to do a super validation each time I want to get into the bills & income screen. It might be easier to pay bills outside of Quicken since this functionality isn't working correctly.
  • betrout
    betrout Member ✭✭
    I am having the SAME issue past couple weeks. Windows 10. Validate fixes temporarily, but problem reoccurs. I tried uninstall/reinstall per Quicken tech, but no solution. Trying Super validate now (from above). Supervalidate tells me 2 future transcations were deleted, like someone mentioned above, and I am back in to Bills & Income now. But only time will tell. I agree this doesn't seem likely to be a file issue based on the number of issues noted herein by multiple different users.
  • bojote
    bojote Member ✭✭
    Adding my name to the list too, having the same issue. It started happening after update. Very likely issue with Quicken software which should be addressed and resolved by technical team.
  • bogdanm
    bogdanm Member
    Same problem here, Please add me to the complain list.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Hello all,

Thank you all for continuing to update this discussion.

Can everyone still experiencing this issue please go to Help>Report a problem and report this issue to Quicken. Please describe this issue in the description box, leave the log files attached, and then send the report over to Quicken. 

Thank you all for your patience and participation with this issue.

Quicken Alyssa

• mginsb8724
    mginsb8724 Member
    edited January 24
    Please add me to the list. Window 10 Version R37.67 long time user. Freezes up when I click the bills and income tab. Have to end the task to recover. Validate works for a short period but issue reoccurs.
    Quicken please address this issue, very frustrating and need to be fixed.
  • eeh0615
    eeh0615 Member ✭✭
    the Bills & income tab has worked the last two days for me without doing anything (i.e., file validation)
  • Annie
    Annie Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issues. Please advise.....
  • Is anyone have issues with Quicken crashing when click on the Bill/Income tab
  • eeh0615
    eeh0615 Member ✭✭
    Hey @quicken Alyssa

The tab worked the last two days but today it froze the program again. I reported the issue as you requested.
  • sherrypow
    sherrypow Member ✭✭
    I have no idea what Carbonite is, but my information is stored locally. In addition to having an issue with Bills & Income loading, I lost my tab for Bills & Income after reporting the issue to Quicken as instructed. Sure hope we can get a fix soon. Although a small item, it is becoming bothersome. This has been going on for about a month and no resolution.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Hello @sherrypow,

Thank you for the update.

When you say that you lost the Bills & Income tab, do you mean that it has completely disappeared? If so,  please go to View>Tabs to Show, and make sure that "Bills" is checked off. If it is already checked, please uncheck it and then recheck it.

Do let us know if your tab returns or not, thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• eeh0615
    eeh0615 Member ✭✭
    Hey @quicken Kathryn

I super validated my locally stored file and pause carbonite and the Billings & Income Tab worked. I will try pausing carbonite the next time I have an issue.
  • mginsb8724
    mginsb8724 Member
    I have posted on this tread recently. Same problem with the bills and income tab. It is not a small issue, I use that tab to follow all my bills manually. I back up my file to my computer in a dropbox file. That file is backed up automatically to drop box. This is outside of the dropbox backup that is part of the program, my own account.
  • rpblouw
    rpblouw Member ✭✭
    May I ask, when the crash occurs, does a dialogue window open with an option to submit the crash report to Quicken? NO

Or does the Quicken window just disappear with no errors, message or dialogue windows appearing? YES

If you haven't already, please also create a new data file (strictly for testing purposes only) by going to the File menu > New Quicken File option.

In the new data file, please add an account and attempt to access the Bills & Income tab, create some new scheduled transactions, enter and edit the transactions. DOES NOT HAPPEN IN TEST DATA.

Does the crash occur in the new data file? Or does the scheduled transactions work as expected? NO

Please let us know, thank you.

VERY FRUSTATING. I HAVE TRIED ALL THE OTHER SUGGESTIONS INCLUDING OPENING THE ORIGINAL DATA.
  • rpblouw
    rpblouw Member ✭✭
    VERY FRUSTRATING
  • Louise500
    Louise500 Member ✭✭
    I had this issue too, validating fixed it.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    edited January 27
    @mginsb8724,

Please try the steps suggested previously in this thread, as they do seem to be resolving the issue for many.

Let us know how this goes for you, thanks!

Quicken Alyssa
  • sherrypow
    sherrypow Member ✭✭
    Boy, I sure wish validating would fix my issues. Going on almost a month now. Submitted a report as requested and have not heard from anyone. Will I hear from someone, or do they just try and come up with a fix and roll it out during an update?
  • eeh0615
    eeh0615 Member ✭✭
    Still have the issue even when I pause Carbonite. The only way it works is when I super validate the file every time I want to use the bills & income tab.
  • rcherd420
    rcherd420 Member
    I do not have Carbonite. Quicken crashes every time I select the Bills & Income Tab. This has only recently started, probably within the past month or so.
  • Eric Schechter
    Eric Schechter Member ✭✭
    I do not have Carbonite either, but Bills & Income crashes about 95% of the time when I select it. I have been validating to try to get it working but that is helping less and less. Not only that but I believe it is starting to affect the integrity of my data, often transactions are being duplicated or deleted entirely and I have to track them down. I have opened a problem report and submitted crash reports many many times. Please help.