dickie1043 Member ✭
edited February 2022 in Manage Accounts and Transactions (Windows)
Quicken software needs to be updated for Windows 11 to enable the "cha-ching" sound when entering transactions in a register. There is an undue delay currently between the time a transaction is entered and when the sound is emitted.
Check the setting for turning sounds on/off at:Edit->Preferences->Setup-splasher using Q continuously since 1996 - Subscription Quicken - Win11
-Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list0
When is ka-ching coming back??? It's been missing for months, maybe a YEAR. Entering a transaction in the register usually results in ka-ching sound. What happened?0
Quicken Sounds checklist (Windows only. Q Mac has no sounds)
- Make sure that the speakers are turned on and the volume is somewhat up (not all the way down) and not muted.
- Are you using an HDMI - connected monitor? Windows may have rerouted sound from the internal or external PC speakers to the HDMI monitor, assuming the monitor has speakers like a TV. Enable those speakers or review Control Panel / Sound / Playback and select the correct speakers, mark as default.
- In Quicken ensure that in Edit / Preferences / Setup "Turn on Quicken Sounds" has a checkmark.
- Restart Quicken if you had to make any change.
- Still no sounds? Make sure that in Control Panel / Sound / Sounds tab the active Sound Scheme still contains the Quicken sound files. If the sound scheme was improperly modified by some other software (or Windows) update, find a different sound scheme which contains the Quicken sounds and make that the active sound scheme.
- If you can't fix it with #3 above, refresh your Quicken software installation by downloading and installing the latest Mondo Patch file from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product