Schwab Download into Multiple Quicken Instances

bspieg
bspieg Member
Before this Schwab download change of Nov-Dec, 2021, I was able to select a subset of Schwab accounts to download into separate Quicken instances. I do this because I have my personal accounts in one instance (data file) and another set of accounts that represent my parent's trust for which I am trustee in a separate instance. All worked before.

Now, I can only download into one instance. It I reauthorize in a second instance, it wipes out the old.

The interface is architected this way. On Schwab, we authorize a set of accounts to share data with Quicken. At Quicken, all these accounts get fed to the active instance only.

Quicken needs to change this so we can select which of the approved accounts we wish loaded in each instance.

I've spent many frustrating hours on getting this to work and finally discovered the reason why it doesn't. [Removed - Rant]

Comments

• ptuttle
    ptuttle Member ✭✭
    The only way Schwab will respond is if we bombard them with requests. They told me in December they weren't going to allow multiple accounts in Quicken and now they do. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    bspieg said:
    Quicken needs to change this so we can select which of the approved accounts we wish loaded in each instance.
    It isn't Quicken that needs to change.  It would be a change at Schwab.

Clearly Schwab has decided that they want to lock the logon to a given Quicken data file, for security reasons.  It means that a person has to get a hold of your data file to log in.  This a form of multiple authentication.

Just as a financial institution might give out security tokens, and the customer can only log in with the number that is displayed on that token.  And the financial institution may decide that there can only be one token per account, that is basically what Schwab has done, instead of letting you register multiple Quicken data files.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.