Issues with Charles Schwab Account in Quicken

I understand there were some issues with Schwab accounts in Quicken and it has been resolved with updates fro Quicken. However, I am having issues. My Schwab account in Quicken is not synching. I tried deactivating, nothing happened. I tried resetting; it appears to connect with Schwab fine but no resetting happened. I thought I could close/delete the account and create new one. I type in "yes" to close/delete the account, but nothing happens. I tried to move the account out of "visibility" and add a new account; Quicken connects to Schwab just find, sees my account. But, ends with "Don't add to Quicken" (as the same account is still there in invisible section). Please advice on how I can resolve this. Thanks!

Comments

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Moderator mod
    Hi @Sunshine Everyday, I'm very sorry to hear you're still experiencing issues with Schwab. Typically when linking to an account if the action column says "Don't add to Quicken", it means the account is already connected. Can you please try the following steps and let me know if they help?

First, ensure all the Schwab accounts are deactivated:

1. Select Tools > Account List.
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List.
    3. Select the account(s) for which you want to deactivate online services, and then click Edit. You will want to deactivate the accounts with the financial institution showing as:
      • Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (or zz Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.)
      • Charles Schwab Bank, N.A. (or zz Charles Schwab Bank, N.A.)
    4. In the Account Details window, click the Online Services tab.
    5. Click Deactivate next to the service you want to disable.
    6. Click Yes to the message asking if you want to disable this service. 
      • Note: When deactivating a Direct Connect account, you may see an additional prompt advising you to contact your bank to cancel the Direct Connect service. You do not need to contact Schwab in connection with this change.
    7. Click OK to the confirmation message.

If you encounter a problem while attempting to deactivate the accounts, download and install the R37.37 patch now at this link

Second, reset your cloud data:

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web.
    2. Click Reset your cloud data.

Lastly, attempt to set up your accounts with Schwab again:

1. Go to Tools > Add Account.
    2. Select Charles Schwab & Co, Inc. as the name of the financial institution, and click Next.
    3. A browser window will open and prompt you to log in to Charles Schwab with your Charles Schwab credentials.
    4. A list of the Charles Schwab accounts available for download in Quicken will appear. Select all of these accounts and LINK them to your existing accounts in Quicken.
    Thank you so much for your time and patience!
    - Quicken Jade
This discussion has been closed.