Error Message with One Step Update

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: R37.66 Broke Online Update?.

Comments

• SharonF
    SharonF Member
    Just updated to R37.66 and One Step Update is not working. The message is "An internal error occurred while initiating One Step Update. Please sign out & then sign in again..."
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @SharonF,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend saving a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please follow the instructions provided below.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • SharonF
    SharonF Member
    The issue still exists. I've signed out & back in several times. Closed QK & reopened. Validated the filed. No success. I called Cust Service & they tell me my data is corrupted because it's stored on a NAS. I'm not buying it--I believe the issue is with R37.66. Our data has been stored on a NAS over 10 years and have not had a problem with downloads until now.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for your response and additional information.

Though it is possible to run data files while stored on a NAS, we do strongly advise against storing data files on any external drives and caution users when storing externally as it can cause permanent data damage and/or corruption over time and therefore recommend keeping your data files stored on your local hard drive. 

However, in regard to your issue; Do you have a recent pre-update backup you can restore? Next, I suggest restoring a backup file to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down until you see Quicken for Windows and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
This discussion has been closed.