Bank recon troubles (Quicken 2013) [Edited]

2013 quicken banking reconciliation doesn’t show amount of checks not cleared it shows name of check

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Since you state Quicken 2013, are you using Quicken Windows? There was no Quicken Mac 2013, but this was posted in a Quicken Mac category; we can ask a moderator to move it if you confirm you're using Quicken Windows. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • cacaddenhead42
    cacaddenhead42 Member ✭✭
    I’m so frustrated bank reconciliation totals aren’t right I’m comparing when I had 2006 quicken I’m having to reenter all my data from 1231-19 and I’m comparing my old reconciliations to see if totals match
    Now checks that didn’t clear is not showing so my register total is wrong
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @cacaddenhead42 I'm sorry, but your messages still aren't clear if you're looking for help from the community. For starters, I asked if you were using Quicken Windows or Quicken Mac, because your thread here is in a Quicken Mac category, but you reference Quicken 2013, which didn't exist for Mac. After we get that squared away, take a deep breath an explain one specific problem in a way it's possible for someone to offer help or suggestions. Posting screenshots can also be helpful to illustrate a problem.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • cacaddenhead42
    cacaddenhead42 Member ✭✭
    I have 2013 quicken with windows
    When I print my bank reconciliation it does not have total for uncleared checks so the total for bank register is wrong why aren’t these totals not showing up as in my previous prints outs when I had 2006 quicken
    I loved my 2006 quicken 2013 don’t work right
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where did you get your Quicken Windows 2013 program?
    Do you have all the available patches (bug fixes) for Q 2013 installed? Click Help / About Quicken. Does it show Release R 12?
    If it shows a lower number, please download the Release R 12 Mondo Patch file from http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-2013-patches.html and install it, then try the problem again.
  • cacaddenhead42
    cacaddenhead42 Member ✭✭
    Friend downloaded on my new computer my old computer had 2006 computer and quit working so he transferred to new computer and then down loaded 2013 quicken I don’t understand what r12 is
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please show my earlier response to your friend and let him/her check to make sure that your Quicken 2013 has been updated to include all available bug fixes. With a little luck, this might solve your reconciliation report problem.

As to the report ... when I run it in my up-to-date Quicken Subscription version (2022), uncleared checks are always listed on page 2 (or later), with the check amount printed in red.
  • cacaddenhead42
    cacaddenhead42 Member ✭✭
    I just open quicken it has r12i listed
  • cacaddenhead42
    cacaddenhead42 Member ✭✭
    I selected my regular printer hp4650
    But if I select quicken pfd printer it won’t print it goes to another page to save file
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for letting us know that you have all the available bug fixes up to release R 12 installed in your Quicken for Windows 2013.
    If your reconciliation report works differently from older versions, there's nothing that can be done to fix it in Q 2013. Q 2013 has not been supported for many years.
    This problem appears to have been resolved in a newer version of Quicken.
    If you must have a working reconciliation report, if it isn't a problem with your printer or the installed printer drivers, then your only alternative would be to purchase and upgrade to Quicken Deluxe, Subscription version (2022).
    Sorry I couldn't help you resolve this issue.
  • cacaddenhead42
    cacaddenhead42 Member ✭✭
    Could it b cuz I’m not using quicken pfd printer I found where it said. PFd printer not activated error 20 I don’t know how to fix so i selected my regular hp printer 4650
    If I were to get new version 2022 what printer do I use
    Best Buy can’t help me or guy who repaired my computer transferring my data from old computer to new laptop I loved my old version I don’t know why it wouldn’t work 2006
  • cacaddenhead42
    cacaddenhead42 Member ✭✭
    How do I know if I had trouble with printer drives
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    One of the first things to break in old Quicken versions is the printer drivers.  Printer drivers are a special kind of driver because of the history of how they got first introduced.  And being "low level", they do tend to break with new operations/configurations.

This is one of the risks of using an unsupported version of a program.  Also note that the second most common thing that breaks in old versions of Quicken is the supplied PDF printer driver (actually this one might even be more common).  There are ways to try to reinstall and such, but the best solution is not to use it.  Windows 10/11 both have built-in PDF printer drivers you can use.  If you are still on an even older operating system install cutePDF  https://www.cutepdf.com/index.htm
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • cacaddenhead42
    cacaddenhead42 Member ✭✭
    Pfd printer already installed but it said not activated 20 error I don’t know how to fix
  • cacaddenhead42
    cacaddenhead42 Member ✭✭
    It won’t print on pfd printer but will print on my hp4650 but not calculating right totals
  • cacaddenhead42
    cacaddenhead42 Member ✭✭
    Can’t understand why 2006 quicken worked perfect and 2013 won’t work properly calculating totals on bank rec
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @volvogirl would probably be the best person to look at this since she actually uses Quicken 2013.

I personally don't use it, and I don't use the reconcile report.  But I would tend to think that @UKR is correct if for whatever reason it isn't showing that information then the only hope is that you are on the latest patch release for Quicken 2013.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I don't use the recon feature in quicken.  I still write everything into my paper checkbook first. I still pay bills by check and write them in my checkbook. Then a couple times a month I print out the transactions from my bank account and write the ATMs and deposits into my checkbook so my checkbook always matches the bank except for the outstanding checks of course. 

Then I enter from my checkbook into Quicken and it matches my checkbook.  I balance my checking account by hand from the bank statement to my checkbook.   So all 3 places match.  
This discussion has been closed.