Update to R37.66 Build 27.1.37.66 Funky & crashes

Just opened Quicken Premier. (Win7 Ultimate on a Lenovo X220.) Q did a program update & data file update without prompts or asking permission. The scrolling through my register is unacceptably jumpy. The Online Update resulted in a recursive screen page overlay. Had to force a reboot to recover use of the notebook. The register looks correct after re-launch. Is anyone else having this issue?

Answers

• JACKBECHTEL
    JACKBECHTEL Member
    To clarify "jumpy": When pulling up or down on the scroll bar with mouse, it won't go through more than a few pages before the whole screen jumps up 1/4 inch and the scroll movement stops. Have to let go and start again to go further.
    The recursive issue is many page frames overlaying in succession with no info displayed during one-step transaction download. Looks to me as if each downloaded transaction were getting its own page.
  • JACKBECHTEL
    JACKBECHTEL Member
    Tried to re-open the data file. The dialog box "Enter Quicken ID Password" box is looping so bad that Task Manager had trouble shutting it down.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @JACKBECHTEL,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in. Please, follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)
    Keep in mind that the sign-in pop-up dialog may continuously keep popping back up throughout this process, in which case you will need to continue closing it each time it pops up until you reach the full sign-in screen.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • JACKBECHTEL
    JACKBECHTEL Member
    It's quite obvious the problem is with an automatic program patch of Quicken itself. To work around it, I renamed the entire Quicken x86 program folder and then copied an Acronis backup of it from 12/20/2021 in its place. This was R36.45, Build 27.1.36.45. I did likewise with my Quicken data file. I was not able to find any option to prevent or require my manual ok for Q automatic PROGRAM updates. To ensure the same automatic PROGRAM update would not screw it up again upon launch, I disabled my network connections. After loading Q, I navigated to the backup I just planted and opened it. It functions nominally again, with the exception of a jumpy screen as above when using the register scroll bar. This may be a previously un-noticed problem that was too minor to draw my attention. However, the register screen only jumps a few times through the full range of the scrolling, as opposed to jumping every few lines. I did a bank account download without difficulty and made a new backup of the data file. I should mention my "real" books are still kept in Quicken 2006 because it doesn't get all these nerve wracking patches, crashes, confusing UI modifications and squirrelly renaming rules. I only use Quicken Premier to connect with my bank and manage bill paying.
This discussion has been closed.