How to view back of check?

There are 2 checks I paid through my Windows Quicken client in October and November 2021 that were cashed according to my bank. The addressee claims he never got the checks. I need to see the back of these checks so I can see who signed them (or maybe WHERE they were cashed). They were made out to a company, not a person. Is there any way I can get a copy of the back of cashed checks? My bank claims they can do nothing for me.

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @thornev,

In order to help you, I'll need to know exactly how you made the payments - specifically, a) did you use your bank's bill pay function through Quicken, or b) did you use Quicken's Bill Pay function?

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription Ver. 34.24 - Windows 10-Home Version
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• thornev
    thornev Member ✭✭
    edited January 6
    Thanks @Frankx. In my Quicken client I do TOOLS > ONLINE PAYEE LIST > select the payee and make out the check amount. I logged in to my bank account and I can see that I used their (Bank of America/Merrill Lynch) Bill Pay feature for the 2 checks, but the check images are not posted like when I write a BoA check. I can see a check number - 50126109.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @'thornev"

You are using your bank's (BOA's) bill payment service so any cancelled checks would need to be obtained from your bank.  Many banks allow their customers to view cancelled checks on their website and also to download the images of paid check from the website to their computers and other devices.  I don't know specifically whether BOA does that.  In any event, you should contact BOA and ask them how you can get access to your paid check images.

Hope this helps.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription Ver. 34.24 - Windows 10-Home Version
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -