Property and Debt Tab keeps crashing Quicken

rdenove
rdenove Member ✭✭
Since the last update, everytime I click on the Property and Tab section, quicken crashes asking for an error report. I have already sent the error report 3 times with no responses from support. This needs to be investigated and a patch applied.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @rdenove,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • rdenove
    rdenove Member ✭✭
    I tried your suggestion and Quicken still crashes on Property and Debt tab
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13
    Hello @rdenove

Thank you for your response. To obtain a better understanding of the issue could you please submit a problem report. 

To do this please select Help >Report a problem

When you have a moment please submit a problem report and let us know of any other questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • rdenove
    rdenove Member ✭✭
    I have filed at least 5 -6 error reports on this topic with support. That should be enough.
  • techheads
    techheads Member ✭✭
    I am experiencing this same problem. Is support looking into this issue?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Quicken crashes, hangs or loops at startup?

Please try this:

• Reboot Windows.
    • Close Quicken (or do not start it at all).
    • Use Windows File Explorer to locate and rename your current Quicken data file. For example, if it's called Qdata.QDF rename it to QdataX.QDF
      Usually your file is located in your C:\Users\_your_username_\Documents\Quicken folder.
    • Having done that start Quicken as usual from the Start Menu or Desktop Quicken icon.
      If Quicken cannot find your current data file during startup it should just simply load the program and give you either a nearly blank menu screen or one that has options to start as new user, restore from backup, etc.
    • If you get to this point without Quicken crashing
      • click on File in the Menu bar. Select the Validate function. Select the renamed Quicken data file and see if Quicken can access and repair it.

• rdenove
    rdenove Member ✭✭
    I really wish people would read the discussion before offering techniques. Only the property tab crashes quicken - everything else works. Support is unresponsive to the problem as I have filed numerous crash reports with not a word from them.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    rdenove said:
    I really wish people would read the discussion before offering techniques. Only the property tab crashes quicken - everything else works. Support is unresponsive to the problem as I have filed numerous crash reports with not a word from them.
    You do not normally receive a response from Quicken when sending in crash reports unless a Quicken Tech requires additional information from you.
    If reinstalling Quicken together with a file validate and supervalidate procedure does not resolve the issue, and if testing the situation with a brand new, nearly empty data file causes the same crash, then we can only hope that Quicken is working on a solution and will eventually respond. Have some patience, please.

This discussion has been closed.