Salary split issue after recent update

The recent update to Quicken Windows appears to have wiped out the salary splits that I had set up for entering my paycheck. All that is now showing is the net salary amount. Lost the income tax info etc. Anyone else experience that and is there a way to recover - should have completed a data back up prior to the update but hadn't had a problem in the past.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The update should have created an automatic backup in the BACKUP folder where your data file is stored.

Are you using the Paycheck Wizard or a manually created split transaction?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Tried a couple of the backups and had the same issue in those. Perhaps an older issue than I thought. We used the paycheck wizard to set it up.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps you have two Paycheck reminders set up and the wrong one is selected? Go to Tools > Manage Bill and Income Reminders, click on the Pay to/Receive from header to sort by payee, and scroll down to see if there are similar reminders.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • esd3104
    esd3104 Member ✭✭
    I seem to have the same issue. My paycheck seems to now show as "Net Salary" and when I click the "split" icon at the end of the entry, there's no way to get to all the details of taxes and other deductions. I literally just did this within the last 7 days so something has changed.

I do see that if I go to the Calendar and find a paycheck entry that has not yet gone into the register, I can edit the future one and get at all the details. Weird. Sounds like something changed that makes old/prior paycheck wizard setup items no long compatible. Weird!
  • esd3104
    esd3104 Member ✭✭
    Having gone back and edited my paycheck entry in the calendar, and changed the effective date to be in the past/correct the prior entries, I do now find that I can edit the split lines by click on the split icon at the end of the register entry. It seems as though any prior/legacy Paycheck setup doesn't migrate with with whatever update happened. It may be easier to re-setup the paycheck and then it it's editable going going forward. Sounds similar to a prior update where I had to delete on my custom reports because of changes to get the update to install and migrate data without blowing up!
This discussion has been closed.