Charles Schwab Bank accounts

dicksevier
dicksevier Member ✭✭
Schwab-Quicken (mostly Schwab) has split my checking account into twp accounts, the original assigned to zz Schwab Bank NA and the new one assigned to Schwab & Co, INC. The new account contains data from 12-1-2021 and the old one from 2012. How can I combine these two accounts into one one-step-updatable account?

I have five Schwab accounts and have finally "fixed" (I think) the four investment accounts, but the banking account now has data, some of it repeated, in both accounts. This presents a helluva mess considering that tax season is upon us.

I'm sure everyone has had this problem. Many thanks to anyone who has solved it.

Answers

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Moderator mod
    edited January 14
    Hi @dicksevier, I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue and I completely understand the frustration. It sounds like when you added your Schwab accounts, one did not link. I would first and foremost recommend creating a backup before any troubleshooting steps. Once that is done, delete the newly connected and added Schwab account, not the historical one. Here are the steps for that,

1. Click on Tools on the top menu bar, then choose Account List.
    2. Select the account you want to delete and click Edit.
    3. In the Account Details window, click Delete Account.
    4. To delete the account, you must type YES in the Delete Account window, and then click OK.

Once that duplicate account is deleted, you can follow these steps to get your historical account re-activated. 
    1. Select Tools > Account List.
    2. Select the account(s) for which you want to activate downloads, and then click Edit. You will want to make sure it is deactivated, by checking the Online Services tab.
    3. Click on the General tab, and remove the Financial Institution name as well as the account number. If it still has the "zzz- Charles Schwab" it won't allow you to relink the account.
    4. Then, reset your cloud data:

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web.
      2. Click Reset your cloud data.
    After these steps have been followed, you are ready to reconnect the account. Here are the steps for that,
    1. Go to Tools > Add Account.
    2. Select Charles Schwab & Co, Inc. as the name of the financial institution, and click Next.
    3. A browser window will open and prompt you to log in to Charles Schwab with your Charles Schwab credentials.
    4. A list of the Charles Schwab accounts available for download in Quicken will appear. Select all of these accounts and LINK them to your existing accounts in Quicken. If they say "Don't add to Quicken" under actions it's because the account is already linked and you can just move past that account.
    Again, I'm very sorry for the inconvenience of this and I do hope these steps resolve your issue. If you haven't already I'd recommend you check out this FAQ for more information on Schwab issues.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/errors-when-updating-or-adding-charles-schwab-accounts

Please let me know if this resolves your issue! Thanks :)
    - Quicken Jade
  • dicksevier
    dicksevier Member ✭✭
    Jade, thanks so much for your prompt reply and explicit instructions. It appeared to work fine, but I still wound up with two accounts, the old one, 2088, which stayed the same and the new one, 0088, which now goes back to 10/21/2021. 0088 was updated perfectly and the Online Balance was the same as that on the Schwab website.

The following are steps I took as per your excellent instructions:

1. Deleted account 0088. Did get a message saying "server error while syncing, please try again later." I could not try again because 0088 was apparently deleted as it was no longer listed.
    2. Deactivated 2088 OK. Removed Institution name "zzzCharles Schwab Bank" and account number OK
    3. Reset cloud data OK.

4. Added Account and logged into Charles Schwab OK. Only 0088 was available for linking. Seemed to got OK, but during this got the "Oops have problem" screen. Second relinking attempt went OK.

NOTE:In Online Services 2088 still has no Financial Institution Name or Account Number. Should I have added those before linking? The Online Services Account Details for 0088 are at the "Deactivate - Account - Reset stage" with 2088 showing "Set up Now". Should I have done something here?

Thanks for your much-needed help. You are working with a 90-year-old with impaired vision, so I hope I haven't made too many typos.
This discussion has been closed.