Account type for consignment type sales

So, I sell in an antique mall where I pay a monthly rent and for everything I sell, 10% is deducted for their commission. Up until now it has been simple. I simply created a deposit with the appropriate category / tag for the sales (minus commission) and then had a charge to my credit account when I paid rent.

They have now switched to an alternate system (based on Crystal Reports of all things antique) where now, at the end of the month, they provide a statement where they show gross sales, commission and rent due and then make the adjustment where they either owe me the remaining sales minus rent & comm or I owe them rent & comm minus sales, depending on which amount is greater.

I'm trying to figure out what type of account to set up to account for the variables. Obviously I would hope that sales always outpaces rent but it is not always the case and sometimes I owe at the end of the month. (It's more of a side gig so I'm not trying to get rich with it).

If I set up an A/R account, I would create an invoice for the sales minus comm and then when I paid rent, show payment of that invoice with the rent deducted. But if I owe, it doesn't work seamlessly.

Same if I set up an A/P account, works good if I owe but not it I get paid.

Is there a way to set up a single universal account that allows for both Payables & Receivables ?? Since they combine the transactions into a single statement, I need to be able to do the same.
This discussion has been closed.