Regions Bank - Transactions Download to Wrong Account

I have several accounts at Regions Bank and since mid-October transactions have been downloading to the wrong accounts. Some of my accounts are set up as Regions Web Connect and use Quicken Bill Pay. Others are Direct connect accounts. The Direct connect accounts are getting transactions downloaded from the Web Connect accounts. The Branch has been working on this (???) since October and issue persists. Anyone have any suggestions? This issue seemed to coincide with the the Regions upgrade to Direct Connect that I believe is also causing the duplicate transaction issue.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Please clarify a couple of things:
    • You are getting downloads from both your Regions WC and DC accounts into your DC accounts in Quicken? 
    • Your WC and DC accounts have different account numbers...both at Regions and in Quicken (be sure to compare the account numbers shown on the General tab of Account Details for each account in question)?
    Also, out of curiosity (not being critical...just trying to understand why people use Quicken they way that they do):
    • Why would you not select DC for all accounts?
    • Regions offers free Bill Pay (at least they used to several years ago when I used to bank with them).  And DC can be used to schedule payments with the bank from within Quicken at no cost.  Why are you using Quicken Bill Pay
    (QW Premier Subscription: R37.66 on Windows 10)
  • k8daley
    k8daley Member ✭✭
    I have many accounts with Region both Personal and Business. DC/Bill Pay is not available for Business. The only support QUICKBOOKS with a fee. I have business set up for WC and Quicken Bill Pay and personal DC/Bill pay. Convoluted I know but it was the least cost alternative
  • k8daley
    k8daley Member ✭✭
    And yes, I am getting downloads into my personal DC account from my business WC account.
  • Boatnmaniac
    k8daley said:
    I have many accounts with Region both Personal and Business. DC/Bill Pay is not available for Business. The only support QUICKBOOKS with a fee. I have business set up for WC and Quicken Bill Pay and personal DC/Bill pay. Convoluted I know but it was the least cost alternative
    Thanks for the quick reply.  I was not aware that Regions does not make DC/Bill Pay available for Business accounts.  Now I understand why you have it set up the way you do.
    k8daley said:
    And yes, I am getting downloads into my personal DC account from my business WC account.
    Have you confirmed that the General Tab of Account Details for your personal account is the correct account number?
  • k8daley
    k8daley Member ✭✭
    Yes, all was set up and working fine until the October DC upgrade. I have actually deactivated/reactivated accounts and still have issues.
  • Boatnmaniac
    I think the first thing I would do is to open the downloaded Business account QFX file (one that gets imported into your Personal account when it should not) in Notepad.  Then find <ACCTID> and see what account number is shown there.  Is it the account number for your Business account or for your Personal account?
  • k8daley
    k8daley Member ✭✭
    Hi - I am not finding any file with a QFX extension.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Go to Edit > Preferences > Web Connect.  Is the box checked for "Give me the option of saving to a file whenever I download Web Connect data"? If not, check the box and then click on OK. 
    Then download transactions from your business account in the Quicken/QFX format.  You should be prompted to decide whether or not to save the file.  Save it and then open it with Notepad and find <ACCTID>.  Is it the account number shown there for your Business account or for your Personal account?
    Then compare that account number to the account number on the General tab of your Personal account.
  • k8daley
    k8daley Member ✭✭
    I am not using WebConnect - it's a problem with Direct Connect