Quicken 2017 for Mac Vs. Quicken Supscription for Mac?

I've been on Quicken 2017 for Mac since it came out and have resisted the Intuit subscription model since the version I have satisfies all of my needs.

Is there a compelling reason for me to move to the subscription model in terms of features or other benefits?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Downloads from your cards/banks/brokerages would be a big benefit.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Also, eventually, a new version of macOS is going to fully or partially break QM2017 since it is no longer being updated.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • MadDog_
    MadDog_ Member ✭✭
    > @RickO said:
    > Also, eventually, a new version of macOS is going to fully or partially break QM2017 since it is no longer being updated.

Yeah, that’s a good point. I guess I need to join the club.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    MadDog_ said:
    > @RickO said:
    > Also, eventually, a new version of macOS is going to fully or partially break QM2017 since it is no longer being updated.

Yeah, that’s a good point. I guess I need to join the club.
    Unless you are willing and able to use a virtual machine once that time comes. VMWare 12 is free if you are running macOS 15 or higher as long as you have an Intel-based Mac (min system requirement).
    Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken Mac Quicken Windows Quicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Canadian
    user since '92, STILL using QM2007)
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    There have been many, many improvements to Quicken Mac over the past 4 years. I personally think it makes a huge difference; I played with Quicken 2017 but stuck with the old Quicken 2007 for a few more years because of some of the shortcomings in the modern version. But two years ago, I was satisfied enough with some of the enhancements that I finally pulled the plug on Quicken 2007 and switched to subscription Quicken Mac for good.

Whether the changes in the program are important to you or not depends on how you use Quicken. Fortunately, there's a pretty concise history of all the significant changes, and I suggest you read the release notes for Quicken from 2018 up through today. It will give you a good idea  of what's new, what's improved, and what's fixed. Start at the bottom of the page and work your way up; it starts with version 5.0, which was the first subscription release (aka Quicken 2018, before they stopped using years).
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993